Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I got word yesterday that a procedure that I thought I was going for in mid July has been moved up to JUNE 19!!! That's only a couple of weeks away and doesn't give me adequate time to freak out before hand. It's supposedly a "simple" day surgery...but I'm a chicken so I'm going to worry regardless of what they tell me. O.K. men, don't listen to this part....basically they're going to shove a balloon type gadget into me, heat it up and burn my insides out. Endometrial ablation or torture? I'm thinking it's the latter.

* * * * *
I'm not posting as much lately (as I've noticed with others) because I'm keeping fairly busy with work and stuff around here. It doesn't mean I don't care about you my babies, it's just that mama only has so many hours in the day. And apparently not a whole lot of interesting stuff to say either. Plus, Fiona's here and I like spending time with my kids when they're around. It's a rare occurence when we're all in the same place at the same time.

* * * * *
Now Barb got me thinking of today as the "anniversary" of certain important events and I'd like to add one more to that:Rather than hearing my rather limited offerings on the Battle of Normandy, go here for a pretty good account of things. I find it all quite fascinating now, despite the fact that I fell asleep in most of my history classes in school (I actually really did....the teacher smacked a ruler on the desk beside my head once and it scared me so much that I ran out of his classroom).

"Sandy", one of my favorite customers at work, is a war veteran. I love to hear his stories and he tears up every time he tells me about friends he saw killed in action....it's just like it was yesterday for him. He recently lost his driver's license (due to deteriorating eyesight) and was devastated as he felt like his freedom had been stripped away. Then, a couple of weeks after telling me this, he showed up on a shiny new motor scooter - provided by the VA! He comes in now, tooting his horn and wheeling around like he's a Nascar driver. He leaves his "cart" with me as he goes about his business...I jokingly tell him that I'll rent it out while he's gone - just like those kiddie rides in the malls. "As long as I get the money" he says. Can't fool an old war vet...those guys have seen and done it all!

Speaking of work, I'm off today (WAHOO!). With the ridiculously huge jackpots, it should make for a crazy day. Funny, when it's up around 35 mill people flock to the booth - yet, when it's 2 or 3 million they make comments like, "aw, it's not very much this week" and "I'm not going to bother because IT'S ONLY 3 million". C'mon people....two or three MILLION. If that's not a lot, then we're in big trouble. Tell you what - buy a ticket for that "measly" little prize and, should you happen to win it, reinvest it all in tickets for a bigger jackpot. The whole world's going crazy, I swear it.

Well, that's about it for me. Housework's calling and, although I'm trying to ignore it, it must be done. Have a great day friends...back soon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Hey, Deb, can you fix it so that one of us wins that measely 3 or 4 million?

1:41 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Yay for the day off WOOT! It's good that you don't have time to freak out about the procedure right. My friend had this done, and it's a cake walk ;O) No worries hon. *HUGSES* Have a great day off!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm going to listen to what Mel says about her friend having an easy time with the procedure. Because to me if sounds quite nasty, but I admit I know nothing about it.

Your vet sounds like a great fellow. There sure aren't many of them left anymore and it's great to hear that we got his wheels back. Have you ever taken his scooter for a test drive?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Sorry, forgot to say that I hope your procedure goes well...

4:24 PM  
Blogger Rice said...

Enjoy Fiona. I love that name.

4:35 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

So, what did you do on your day off? I hope it involved a lot of relaxin!!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

Hope your upcoming procedure goes swimmingly. Try not to stress the 19th too much. That'll only make it worse.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

surely the thought hurts more than the actual procedure?

they should opiate you up to the eyeballs and make sure you've a lovely tub of pills to take home

if you don't want 'em, I'm more than willing to send you a coupla international reply coupons + a postal address where I can be obtained ...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

w/n...sure, if you can get me a plane.

mel...glad to hear I've nothing to worry about...thanks for the reassurance. And a big woot to the day off.

Barbara...I've been tempted to jack his scooter. But he'd probably beat me with his cane so I've resisted the temptation.

thanks w/n :)

rice...I love her name too. And it suits her...she's a beautiful girl.

mel...a big buncha nothin'!

lala...thanks for the support. I feel like such a wimp compared to you - you're an inspiration and I'm gonna' be tough, like you!

gled...sure, I'll hook you up. I hate pills/meds.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home