Friday, June 22, 2007

The Shit Wipes

I'm a little mad at myself for snoozing then losing. It seems I procrastinated on getting White Stripes tickets and now it's too late. I did hand over my debit card so Ty could get some a few weeks ago, but I forgot to include myself. So here's who's going on the $250 that was debited from my account:

1. Tyler
2. Linds
3. Lindsay's friend Jessie
4. The ex
5. Not me

I worked myself into a hype for the show yesterday, what in my red, white and black outfit and a bunch of YouTube videos. And just when I'd icky thumped myself into really wanting to go and checked out Ticketbastards for a ticket, I was disappointed to learn that it's sold out. Dead leaves on the dirty ground - that's what I am. (O.K. I know, enough already).

I initially was hesitant in going because the ex was going and sometimes he's about as much fun as a bag of moldy mushrooms...he can be a real killjoy for me. But I'd come to the realization that I didn't have to be near him...I could dance my way away from him with Linds and her friend. And Ty could be his date so I wouldn't have to be. Deer Lake Park sounds like such a great place to attend a concert and I was looking forward to that experience. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.

(*The Shit Wipes was in reference to the fact that when I typed in the "White Stripes" I typed an "s" instead of the "w" by accident and then inadvertently put the "w" where the "s" should've been....it just seemed natural to finish it off this way. So I'm renaming the band and will send them the memo)

What are your weekend plans?

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I must comment on my own fortuitous brilliance. When I compared my ex to moldy mushrooms it was done very randomly and I just pulled that out of nowhere. First thing that popped into my mind. Then, when I was "labelling" the post, I included the "Fun Guy" without realizing the connection. If I'd done it intentionally, I'd say it's pretty damn corny...but it was done completely by accident which makes me wanna pat myself on the back. O.K., I'm over myself now.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Sorry your concert didn't work out...If it's any consolation, some of us are working all weekend... ;-(

5:02 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

Actually, during my wasted youth, I found bags of moldy mushrooms to be fairly entertaining.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

hey, I looked up and thought I saw you fly by. No? I was the one on the rock by the water's edge, tapping my foot.

I work tomorrow too...just enough to interrupt the weekend and any chance of going horse racing.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

tgf....ha, never thought of it that way. Mushrooms are a magical thing, aren't they? We had them in the school fields here.

5:41 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Sorry your concert plans didn't work out Deb! I'm going to Playland tomorrow! Never been there, so it should be interesting. I liked "bag of moldy mushrooms" too heehee

10:56 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Mel...Playland is a blast - you should have a lot of fun. I'll be crossing my fingers for good weather for you.

(If you get your pass from Safeway, Shoppers, Shell or
7/11 you get a discount)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

All I can say about said post is: oh shit

I feel for you.

That is the kinda thing I might have done (when I had a debit card ...)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Do you like their new album? I'm currently highlighting it in the upper right corner of my blog (Most Spins Last Week). I like it but it's nothing really special. Perhaps I just haven't listened to it enough.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That's a bugger, Deb! Although I do love the name Shit Wipes. If I had a band, I'd steal that name.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Yard work!!!!

Pat away, Deb. That was a good one!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

gled...sometimes I wonder if a debit card is a great idea around here. Too easy to spend money.

Dan...I've only listened to little "snippets" that my daughter's played of it...not enough to know if I like it or not yet. Part of my initial hesitation about the concert was I wasn't sure if I'd like the new stuff. But I think it'll be a good show none the less.

Barb...I think my typos are sometimes more interesting than what I was really trying to say, so I'm running with them. :)

mike...I'm actually one of those crazies who enjoys yard work.

9:48 PM  
Blogger junky said...

I remember when I was part of "Detroit next big music revival"............(sob)....

3:35 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Aw, that sucks :( Next time!

I went to Toronto, then worked at a Turkey festival for work, and got to see guys in a crane drop eggs on children...well, the kids were suppose to catch them ;)

3:59 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

argh! It was a free pass, cause it was through Sean's company BBQ. But I was sick, and stayed in bed all day boooo! :O(

5:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

junky...I've heard your stuff and I really like it. I use it in my workout (secretly).

Al...holy moly, what a busy girl you are. Never a dull moment in your life it seems. Some days I'd like to drop eggs on children. :)

Mel...at least you weren't sitting on top of the Hellavator in the lightning. You should go when the PNE's on...have you done that before?

12:11 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

I've never been to the PNE or Playland *sobs* poor me :O(

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home