Thursday, July 05, 2007

Today's recap:

(Since I am far too busy playing with my friends on Facebook to give this blog any real attention or write anything meaningful)

Woke up.

Immediately woke Ty up, which he'd asked me not to (I am not a good listener).

Sat in front of my computer and waited to buy Matt Good tickets.

Sat.

Sat some more.

Made sure Ty was up to get the tickets for us, even though he said he would be.

Waited with my fingers crossed.

Did the front row chant/spirit dance. It's sort of an Indian thing. It makes it rain and gets us good seats. It didn't work. We got row 12 on the side and how can I kiss Matt from there? And the sun made my brain blister with no rain in sight.

I then thought about housework. Not too hard though, as it gives me a headache.

I started to sweat by 11 am as summer has exploded here.

I thought I should workout.

Then thought "nah, I'll do nothing instead". (I'm getting good at that)

Practiced nothing for two hours.

Went to work.

Did more nothing there.

Took Ty to Future Shop to look at air conditioners because he is determined to drive me bat shit until we get one, even though I don't want one. He thinks he's melting.

Waited as the one sales clerk in the appliance department stood and watched people as they looked at appliances. Finally got his attention, which helped us about as much as a stale donut would've. He knew nothing and we spent most of the time bringing him up to speed because apparently his previous employment had nothing to do with appliances and involved stuffing bananas down chutes for monkeys. I don't know that he'd ever even owned an appliance. "Me cook on fire". He also didn't know that the window a/c's come in vertical and horizontal models. Well I didn't either but Ty told me. Anyhow, our conversation went something like this:

"Can we put the vertical one in if our window opens and closes horizontally?"

Abdulla Babulla: "I don't know".

"Well, which is better - the portable or the installed unit?"

AB: "Gee, I'm not sure".

"If we buy the portable, can we buy an extra slider for the window so we don't have to move it from room to room?"

AB: "Maybe you might have to go to the place to get one" (no shit, his exact words....WHAT fucking place?)

"What place, the manufacturer's?"

AB: "Yes"

"So I can get one there?"

AB: "I don't know"

"What happens if the exhaust hose cracks or breaks?...can it be replaced?"

AB: "No don't break it"

"But if I do, can I get another one?"

AB: "I don't know"

"Were you the guy we dealt with last night who said he'd match the internet price?"

AB: "Yes"

"Well, are you still honoring that?"

AB: "That wasn't me." "Would you like the extended warranty?"

(at this point I had to pull my eyeballs back outta my brain)

We purchased the portable one and I then had to ask him to get a dolly to take it to the car because he stood there looking stupid like we were going to carry it out (it was a 4' box and very heavy). I honestly think he was exhausted from answering so many questions. A tough day for him. Eventually he did go and get a dolly and loaded the box on it, then proceeded to try and get down the escalator with it (despite the fact that we were right beside the elevator). We got to the bottom with the box laying on its side. It said on all four sides in big, black letters "DO NOT LAY THIS ON ITS SIDE". I pointed that out and told him I wanted a different one, so we headed back up and exchanged it. I then convinced him to take the elevator with it. He got it to my car and, despite me saying "o.k., we've got it from here", insisted on loading it. I went around and unlocked the driver's door and before I could stop him he had the damn thing on its side as he wrestled it into the back seat. DF. I give up. We brought it home and hooked it up and it rattles because you're not supposed to lay it on its side. They tried to warn us.

Anyhow, I think I'll get the ex and Ty to go exchange it.....I really can't handle another dose of this magician.

I then went to Save On to get something that resembles "dinner" because I refuse to cook in this sweatshop. I keep going up to King Tyler's room to stand in the doorway and cool off but he's got it so fucking cold in there that I need a jacket and mittens or I'll die of hypothermia. So there is no happy place for me today. Which is why I'm going to bed now.

13 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Too funny! ;-)

5:25 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

BTW, what happened to the cat? That's one mean-looking eagle...

5:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha. Ha. Ha. I want to go shopping with you.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just nearly posted you something really patronizing & silly about air con (considering I come from a country they barely are used in xcept large offices and big shops) ... oooooooooooooorrrr
my brains are drained
how are YOU I'm going to look at this thing you've been on

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you insisted on a new one when it got laid sideways... that would have eaten me up (not asking) you gotta demand these things else i don't know ... what DOES happen if it's sideways for any time ... probably not worth finding out!!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... hang on i just looked more closely at that originally camouflaged eagle (just saw cat first time) ... is that your pic? or is it a "meme"
i don't know what a meme precisely is
but it seems to come from other people all the time

8:05 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

whitenoise...I hate to think about what happened to that cat.

busterp...I think my shopping days are over. Too stressful.

gled...the one we have was still sideways in the car. So we're going back to exchange it once again because I don't want to take any chances. I'm quite sure it says don't lay it on its side for a reason.

The pic is note mine...it was on the computer when I inherited it from a friend. She had some very good shots on here...but I'm not sure if they were hers or not.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

*the pic is NOT mine. Boy, my fingers don't work today.

8:29 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

LMAO I want to go shopping with you too. I guess this post illustrates that there is in deed a labor shortage starting in Vancouver. Hard for them to get well trained staff. Maybe they should pay them more, and umm...like train them? haha! King Ty :O)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Funny!!

Facebook??? Your trimming us for Facebook????

Well, I never!!

:O)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Mel...Ty went back to exchange it today and the guy was even worse! I'm glad we did...that one would've given us problems I think.

mike m...I know. Facebook. I never thought I would, be there I am, right in there like a dirty shirt. It's a fun place.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

LOL!

I love how everyone is crazy about Facebook these days. I've had it forever, but the applications they put on now drive me crazy and I don't have the patience for it anymore.

Although your graffiti one IS cool :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Yeah, it's a little overwhelming, isn't it? So I'm trying not to go off the deep end with applications and being very selective. I also lose interest in things very quickly and already am getting a little bored. But it's fun when friends you haven't heard from in awhile look you up (which just happened to me).

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home