Thursday, July 12, 2007

To whomever plugged up my exhaust for the second time - YOU'RE PLAYING WITH FIRE. You obviously haven't seen this woman mad and, I warn you, it's not a pretty sight. I've been wondering why my car is running like shit and this explains it. Today some young guy was honking and waving at me and I thought, "gee, this guy really loves me". As he pulled up beside me he said "it looks like you're dragging cats behind your car. There's something in your exhaust and a big piece of it flew out but you're still dragging about eight feet of it". I thanked him and went and pulled over to see that yes, I was dragging something. This wasn't the first time and this was eerily similar to the first incident. We'd noticed it as we came out of a restaurant a year or so ago...Ty said "Mom there's a tail hanging out of your exhaust". I was too creeped out to touch it and thought maybe an animal had crawled up in there. He pulled it out and it seemed to go on forever....it looked like a really long Hallowe'en witch's wig. And, once again, it's the same kind of material this time.

I don't know who would be doing this...Ty figures it's punk kids just pulling pranks. But I can't help but wonder who might be out to get me. I don't make enemies...I'm usually really cheery and outgoing and make friends when I'm out. Unless I'm road raging...that's a differernt story.I'm a bit of an aggressive driver at times, usually because I'm in a hurry. Once a weirdo actually followed me all the way home after I'd blasted him for cutting me off. When I noticed that he wasn't giving up the chase I turned around and drove to the police station, where he continued on past me. Was it him? Or maybe it was the recycling truck driver who almost ran Linds over when she was young. He'd been speeding in and out of here each week and, at first, I politely asked him to slow down. But he never did and the incident where he almost ran Linds down was after my frustration had built up over time and during a heated exchange with him....I called him a bleeping bleep and he put the truck in reverse and nearly mowed right over her. My Dad was just pulling in and witnessed the whole thing. Did I tell you my Dad does not handle anger well? He hopped out of his car, ran over and hauled the guy out of his truck and was just about to pummel him when I intervened. I didn't want him to go to jail and that's what would've happened. But you just don't jeopardize his granddaughter's life without paying a serious price for that. I got him to let go of the guy, who brushed himself off and left as quickly as he came. He was taken off our route after I filed (yet another) complaint about him. But a year or so later I was shocked to see him back out there. I'm pretty sure he stole a bike of mine...I'd just returned home from my ride one day and ran upstairs to get a water bottle. I was going to clean my bike off so I left it in the carport, but when I came back down the recycling truck was pulling out and my bike was gone. Like an idiot, I hopped in my car and chased him down. I pulled in front of the truck and he stopped. I got out and said "you took my bike" and he just smiled - I think he put it in the bin in the back of the truck and I had no way of proving it without seeing it. He denied it, but I could tell he got great satisfaction from seeing me agitated.

The only other person that I can think of is the guy from the booth (the one I've told you about) who keeps hounding me to go out with him (the Jamaican one). He's persistent as shit and, althougth he's really nice, he's just not my type at all. He's quite a bit younger than me and just won't take no for an answer. The other day he came in (for the tenth time) and said my brake light was out and he'd fix it for me. I asked him how he knew and he said "I watched you pull out of here". Weird. So maybe he's messing with my car so he can fix it? I don't know, just a thought. Don't get me wrong...I don't think I'm "all that" and am bragging here. These guys probably just love the fact that I give money out to them. They come in and leave with more than they came with on many occassions. Even though they've won it, the fact that I give them cash probably makes me a goddess right there. Plus, I tend to be a good listener.

Anyhow, back on topic here. The first time my exhaust was plugged they did a damn good job of it and it really messed with my car and created a lot of problems. Exhaust fumes were actually coming back into the car and it was pretty dangerous. Hopefully this clog hasn't been in there too long and no major damage has been done. But I think I'm going to the cops this time, although I'm sure they don't have the resources to go after exhaust cloggers. "Just look for the guy buying Halloween wigs". Somehow I think a lot of snickering will be done.

Today's been a weird day all day...I'm going to check and see if it's a full moon or not. I almost hit a beautiful black dog as the brain dead owner didn't have it on a leash near the busiest road in Richmond and it darted into the road in front of me. Luckily I reacted quickly and just missed it. Ms. Hilton wannabe barely blinked an eye and didn't skip a beat on the cell phone that was plastered to her ear. It's been one of those days, you know? Do you ever have them...the kind that everything's like a train wreck and you wonder why you got out of bed?

Oh, the last thing (and to think, I was going to make this a short post). I'm beginning to feel like Lucy in her little kiosk, giving advice to complete strangers and listening to their life stories. Another guy who hangs around the booth alot (again, from Jamaica) has been telling me of how he's extremely unhappy in his marriage and is only staying for his young daughter. His father is a raging alcoholic who's hitting his bottom and this guy's just tormented right now. He's gone into detail about his father's escapades and it ain't pretty. I feel for him as he just doesn't know what to do about his Dad, who's drinking himself to death. He seems so lost and comes in a lot - doesn't even buy a thing, just stops in to shoot the shit. Anyhow, I seem to run into him every where I go and we usually exchange stories. Today he came to the booth and after a brief exchange of small talk, he looked me in the eye and said "are you single?". "Oh God" I thought, "how do I deal with THIS?". I'm not good with rejection...don't like to hurt people's feelings. That lead to me asking if he was still with his wife and he said that he was, but that he wasn't "committed" to her. Then he said "and I'm seeing someone else" (at that point I let out a big "whew"). There was a brief pause and then he continued...."and it's not a woman". Kind of caught me off guard there. TMI. Now, don't get me wrong...I have no problem with gay people....as a matter of fact, my best friends from next door were lesbians. They were awesome and I loved the hell out of them...I actually inherited this computer from one of them when she died. But the way he just blurted it out...what do you say to that? He seemed very uncomfortable with it...almost like he was in a confessional and needed to get it off his chest. I told him that the main point in life is being happy so he needed to do what it was that made him happy. He seemed to accept that and was on his way.

Today was a weird day, have I told you that? Oh God, tomorrow's Friday the 13th....I'm hiding out somewhere.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Shit, that's not good. How far apart were these exhaust pipe incidents?

Don't get into any fights today.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

They were quite awhile apart Barb...which is why this one shook me up. Probably a year or two ago since the last episode. So I really don't think it's pranksters.

One thing that also worries me is that the ex is the SSS at work and has been involved in some grievance hearings and negotiations that don't leave everyone warm and fuzzy.

Years ago he was on nights and one really crazy guy who was let go because of his behavior started phoning our house and making threats that he'd burn our house down. I was home alone at the time! Needless to say we phoned police and got an unlisted # at that point. But the ex recently warned me that he's been involved in some activity that has him worried about things and I should keep my head up because some at work still think he lives here. Great.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Not good at all, Deb. I hope this doesn't happen again for you.

I totally forgot it was Friday the 13th...so far no weird stuff round these parts. Opposite actually. Well, its still early in the day :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

That's really, really creepy. I think you should go to the cops, like you had mentioned. Maybe they'd be able to tell you if they've had people file the same complaint, or if its an isolated incident. It might be a small consolation if it's happening to others and you're not just the lone target. In any case, I hope it doesn't happen again.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Deb (the black cat). Ha. I liked the length of your post. Good reading. I was thinking that stuff in your exhaust might have been muffler stuffing of some sort. If no one said anything about that the first time then it probably wasn't. Anyway, have a nice weekend. And yes, stay out of fights.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Yeah, not a good feeling when you know that someone is messing with your stuff. Along the same lines, we had a break-in when I was a kid. We didn't lose anything valuable, but the sense of violation stuck for years.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home