Monday, September 17, 2007

O.K....this is a happy sports week for me.

First of all, my Lion's redeemed themselves and kicked some TO ass on Saturday, to the tune of 40-7. Roar.

Secondly, the Canucks are back in action....I know, I know, it's just preseason BUT IT'S HOCKEY AND WE CAN ALL EXHALE NOW.

Too bad our guys play so intense that they take each other out in team scrimmages. Sami Salo is out and Roberto Luongo took a puck in the neck BEFORE they even skated onto the ice to face an opponent. D'oh!

Ty gets his new (authentic) jersey soon that I won from the good people over at Kukla's Korner. So cool.

And speaking of sports....what the hell is up with OJ? Is the man on crack? Did he get hit in the head with a golf ball by someone who forgot to yell "FORE"? What, exactly, is his deal? No news is good news OJ...remember that.

The last bit of sports news for today....someone played a $1 TOTO (Sports Action pick) on the weekend and won almost $67,000 for getting 12/13 games right. Wow, what a great return that is. No one got the perfect 13/13, so the pot is carried over until next week (when I plan on winning it). I've been coming close, but forgot to buy a ticket last week.

This guy was outside the window last night as I typed away on my computer...Linds was kind enough to point him out for me. The pictures don't do him justice....let's just say he's probably The Spidenator. He was frickin huge and I swear he was banging on the window for me to let him in. No dice fella...I'm scared shitless of you.

Oh, last but not least (we've kind of gotten away from sports, haven't we?)....the Led Zeppelin reunion show is a pretty big hit, isn't it? People were going crazy trying to register for the ticket lottery online - 80,000/minute at one point. That was enough to crash the site and the server yesterday...I'd say the boys have still got it. (I already saw them :P )

9 Comments:

Blogger tkkerouac said...

Looks like OJ has his tit in the wringer , hope he finally does some time.

Will Robert Plant need another face lift before that next gig?

6:27 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I keep thinking of OJ's poor kids and what the man's put them through. The guy is such a loser and he'd better do some time, or something's seriously wrong with the justice system.

I'm laughing at your Robert Plant comment.....

8:31 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That spider is gorgeous! I am friends with the spiders that live in my house, but they are miniscule compared to that guy. I wouldn't want to mess with him!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

What an amazing spider photo!

Looks like it's got a Christmas frosty monochrome winterwonderland spider thang going on....

Oh that eejut OJ. Not only does he write the most provocative possible book "If I Really Did It..." and then get all royalties awarded against the other parties in that civil suit in damages - duh! Now he's into ARMED ROBBERY.

Well, it's a step down from MURDER, I suppose....

11:25 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Hey - remember that Judge Ito!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Well first of all that spider is absolutely amazing. What an incredible picture you have there. He looks positively transparent almost like a jewel.

Secondly I am absolutely crushed by the last two outings of my Roughies.

Third, that puck to the neck was damn scary!

3:50 PM  
Blogger aka k said...

our living away offspring asked us to register for the ticket lottery to increase there chances (only one per household allowed) but if we do get tickets, should/could we give them up? Never did get to see Led Zeppelin :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb...I don't know that gorgeous is how I'd describe him...more like TERRIFYING & BEASTLY. But I'm quite terrified of spiders. I don't harm the ones inside though...I simply kick them out.

Thanks gled...I took it through the window pane and was quite surprised that it turned out so well. Mind you I took about 20 shots in all and these are the only two that worked out.

I do remember that Judge...that entire trial was a fiasco.

tc...the Lions gave me a scare there too, but it seems, after last game, we're back on track. I didn't realize your team was sliding...I actually pull for them a little (not TOO much, of course). The Roughrider fans are the best.

aka...if you win, I think you should go. Seriously....just plead "seniority" and all. (Good to hear from you btw)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was thinking a lot what is kukla's corner but I was lazy to check it. well, it is bad luck what happened with Luongo. Fortunately I can gain infos harder from Hungary. :P

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home