Sunday, September 09, 2007

OH CANADA!!






Well we proved (again) today why we are the hockey nation to beat...congratulations to our junior boys, who dominated the superseries against Russia with a record of 7-0-1 to take the cup in what would become a total obliteration . The Canadians outscored the Russians 39-13 during the series and the Russians began to unravel today when they showed their frustration in the form of a late, dirty hit on a Canadian player that sparked a bit of a melee.

The game was played here at GM place and the sold out crowd was treated to an awesome display of talent and a great team effort. Wish I would've been there...didn't get a ticket in time. :(

* * * * * * * *

Now we'll shift from a proud moment to one I find disgraceful and disgusting.











I think our days of slaughtering whales should be over. I understand that native tribes have permission to kill whales as a means of subsistence each year, but my honest opinion is that their right to practice traditional rituals should be done traditionally. Somehow a machine gun just doesn't fit this picture for me and I hope these guys get the book thrown at them. It appears that this particular hunt may not have had the required approval or exemption from the Marine Mammal Protection Act.

* * * * * * * *

And lastly, a story that has people divided. I know where I stand on it......

She pulled into work and unloaded donuts for the school for 6 minutes or so while her child slept in the vehicle. Then she parked the SUV and hurried into the school to start her day at work, leaving the kid in there.

Please tell me how you "forget" your kid? Please?

I'm sorry, I know the bleeding heart in me should feel horrible for this woman after this tragedy. But I don't. I want to shoot her. I feel for the kid who suffered terribly in a sweltering car before she died because her Mom "forgot" about her. "Woopsie" isn't good enough. She was worried she'd be late for work....but that's not reason to forget your kid. Was she supposed to take the child to daycare? Was she taking her kid to work? Was she smoking fucking crack for 3 days beforehand?

I have no sympathy for this woman. I'm sorry.

12 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh dear I hadn't heard about that case. How horrible and inexcusable.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Isn't it so awful Barb?

The thing that gets me is that some are really sympathizing with the woman like her "woopsie" is o.k....for me it's not. I can see forgetting your keys in the car, but your kid? And for 8 hours? You'd think that at some point during her day she'd have a lightbulb moment.

Tragic, but I feel for the poor child, not the woman.

11:23 PM

11:24 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

To use a gun on a whale is the worst thing i have seen, they are wonderful to watch and they seem smart, as far as the mother leaving the child in the car i say she is stupid, i feel sorry for her but how in the hell do you forget your child!!!!

7:09 AM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

Ugh, those two stories are awful. I've heard another story similar to leaving the toddler in the car, except it was the father. I just think you can get so trapped in routine and if she was used to dropping her kid off at daycare, I don't know. I can see how these things happen. It doesn't help that she was in a rush either. Sad.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

GO Canada!
We played 9-2 with the strongest national team 2 years ago.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

I hear the woman is now fighting to keep her job. She's a vice principal for gosh sakes. I know I would not want someone that brain dead to be working with any kids I know!

Yay Canada is right. Too bad I can't say the same for the Roughies this weekend. Well, can't win 'em all.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Terrible stories, both. But, have some sympathy, people! The woman inadvertently killed her own daughter!

We all screw up- I once forgot my dog in the back of my van on a hot day- for 2 hours until my oldest kid said "where's the dog?" And I had that "ohmygod" moment.

Luckily, I was parked in a shady spot and he was okay.

People get rushed, people make mistakes. Hopefully none of you will ever make one that'll affect you for the rest of your lives.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

how on earth did she forget her kid i seriously do not get that

i also heard a story which is hearsay about someone i know (an addict surprise surprise) DROPPING her baby down the stairs!

i mean how on earth does someone do THAT either

some people were just born STUPOID!!!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

(that was a typo but it seemed so oddly appropriate i left it in)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

"but did not meet the definition of reckless conduct necessary for prosecution, said Clermont County Prosecutor Don White."

bloody hell! what does she have to do TO meet the standard? microwave the kid to dry it off after a bath?

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... yes and I was also wondering what they were doing with a machine gun.. surely you can't buy THEM in gun shops?!?

11:19 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

I do feel for her, It was probably unintentional and she did it under stress
But there really should be some type of penalty/punishment for leaving small children and pets roasting/cooking in a car.

and yes, she does have to live with this for the rest of her life,
and this is will a life sentence for her.
How Horrible

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home