Tuesday, August 21, 2007

O.K., I'm back to happy land.

I just learned that #16's back for his 16th season as a Canuck.

And that's reason enough to celebrate for me.

We have been Linden fans in this house since day one....that escalated through the roof when we witnessed his heart and soul during the '94 run. I will round up my pics later...basically, the guy was beat up and broken down but still gave 110% every game.

When we let him go, a piece of my Canuck heart went right along with him but, somehow, I always had the feeling that he'd be back. The day that we did reacquire him is one that I'll never forget. Dad called and said "guess what?....Trevor's coming home". We were hesitant to believe him, as Papa was a prankster. But would he really mess with something so important to us? When we finally established that it wasn't a cruel joke and that he really was returning, it was like frickin' New Year's Eve around here.

Trevor is one of those players who's just a qualiity individual. He's always been approachable and we've interacted with him on more than one occassion. He does endless volunteer/charity work in the community and is a wonderful role model and devoted family man.

I'm on limited time here, so will continue my "Trevor story" later...remind me to tell you about Ty's birthday "brunch" next. And I'll round up some of my pics (including the one my ex took when he insisted Trev was "checking me out" from the bench at the Superskills competition one year. I wish.)

Today is a good day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is always really good for a team when there is a player who stay a lot in one team.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You're right rop...the "veterans" make for good leaders and I like the fact that Linden is so devoted to this city/team....he's said this is where he'll now stay (he'll retire when he's not resigned).

8:20 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Deb, you are a tomboy. but thats a good thing.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

tk...i so am.

always have been.

thank you. ;)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I bet you don't have troubles with teams being so full of international transfers that hardly any locals are now LEFT!

That's what happened to British soccer it is ridiculous!

11:43 AM  
Blogger junky said...

Who won the cup in 94' I can't remember :)

Gled, here in the states we call that baseball, our "national pastime".

8:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You're going to love hockey season this yera, methinks.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

gled...yeah, not many "locals" on our team. Two I think. But, even though Trevor's from Medicine Hat, I still consider him "ours" (and I'm not giving him back).

junky...if you were here I'd have to kick you in the shins for that. It was heartbreaking.

Barbara....I'm counting the minutes.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home