Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Just Stuff

I've sure been slacking it, haven't I? This tends to happen with me in the summer...I flit about and don't have any real time to settle down/focus.

I am feeling sad that everyone and their dog seems to be cabining or laking it lately...I'm dying to get away. Next year I'm outta here. Somewhere. We're extremely lucky in BC....so many beautiful places to see. Only problem - the word is out and you have to book a year in advance.

Anyhow, a "recap" of my weekend goes like this:

Friday night - football game with Ty. Don't wanna talk about it - The Bombers beat us by ONE. AND we were surrounded by annoying Winnipeg female football sluts fans...where the fuck do they come from? Oh yeah, Winnipeg. Send 'em back, they're getting on my nerves.

I bought one of those plastic football horns so I could blast them away but couldn't garner up enough air to get the thing to do much more than squeak. It was quite hilarious...I thought it was defective and wanted to return it. At least I entertained Ty. I sounded like a baby elephant with nasal congestion. (I guess I blow suck.)

* * * * *

Saturday...I had my 5 am poker tourney. Don't wanna talk about it - was moving my way up the ranks (128th out of 1800) when I got knocked out with 3 aces (jack kicker) by some nimrod who stuck around with a pair of eights. Caught the third 8 on the river to make a full house and piss me off supremely. A lot of river rats in internet poker...I hate them. They should be suffocated. There was 30G in prizes, including a trip to Barcelona up for grabs...oh well, that's poker for ya.

Our "getting to know the neighbours" barbecue was later in the day. I already know them, like most of them. We've decided that "our" end of the complex is the "good" end. It was the perfect opportunity to connect with everyone and was quite pleasant, despite the fact that I normally hate these gatherings. A couple of my neighbours are just great....they're the ones doing the q'ing in the pics below. They're a lot of fun - good, down to earth types. The ones from the other end I avoid like the plague....they're weirdos. One reminds me of a pedophile. Another drools and can barely put a sentence together. Then there are the ones that, when they heard they were invited to a "free" barbecue put on by the council (our $ anyhow), felt the need to invite 30 of their "close" family members. Freeloaders...must be from Winnipeg.

* * * * *

Sunday...hit the track with Dad, Fiona and Ty. Do you see a gambling problem developing? Nah, seriously though...I "blow" what I can afford to (mad money)...I always expect to lose and anything brought home is a bonus. It's all about the outing.

I never won a race, but don't care about that...it was a perfect day and any time spent with Dad right now is quality time. We just got his results back and he has yet ANOTHER aneurysm bulging behind the first...this artery's a lot smaller and of more concern. RGH is solidly booked (because the Olympics are more important than sick people), so he has to wait for his CAT scan. They're trying to bump him up by sending him out to UBC. Fingers crossed, prayers are being sent, all that crap. Let's hope it works.

So before I leave you for another 3 days, here are some pics of our weekend. Should be self explanatory. Take care and have fun, life's too short.














("pssst, DUDE, could you please tell #3 to get his ass moving next race?")

12 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'll be thinking of your dad and hoping for the best.

And you know somebody has to say it - Go Bombers!

signed,
a Winnipeg female football slut fan

7:19 PM  
Blogger junky said...

1st. more cheerleader pictures
2nd. I'm about a month away from a week in Hawaii...oohhh yeah
3rd. go to my blog I meme tagged you.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

the cheerleaders were for you...seriously, when I posted them I thought "junky might like these". My daughter actually got to cheer with them two years ago...a thrill for her. They're so sweet.

Hawaii...haven't you heard?...they have hurricanes there. But I'm just jealous. Next April for me (I think).

O.K....I'll head over.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BC lost again, Saskatchewan won again.....yayyyyyyyyy

11:24 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

kelly:


:p

1:32 AM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

Go ESKS!! Oops, wrong blog. ;)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I hope the bbq was good. I nearly got food poisoned at one my local church did bc the beefburgers were RAW inside... I purposefully avoided the chicken for the very reason of salmonella alert and then got grotty frigid burgers... didn't REALIZE till it was too late and I'd bitten right in and swallowed some. UKK. Sorry this is highly irrelevant. But you did ask about my topping up the internet? It's bc I buy 6, 15 or 40 hours at a time (ie I log on to their computers like you log onto email and my a/c comes up with "8 hrs 47 mins remaining" or whatever it is so much better than buying straight hours at a time. I cannot blog in strict 1-hour blocks I just cannot do that ... Hope all is well with you. & I hope they manage to fix your Dad.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

duh. re internet AGAIN... I forgot to say it's not via the library (tho you can use it there) but a cyber caffe

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have never understood the rules of American football. My friend promised me he will explain me. 1 point losses are annoying at every sport. My friend is on a poker site when he plays on competitions like you.

11:47 AM  
Blogger rowan said...

Thanks for your comment.. you left it a while while back. About the bullet holes/shells in the wall. I'd honestly never felt the way i did those couple days before and it scared me and relieved me or something weird. i felt very alone. every sympathetic comment helped i think. after the initial "not doing this?" it's almost harder than when you are certain you are doing it.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

lala...love ya.

gled...o.k., now I get it. Our library has free internet access but we also have cyber cafes. I've never been to one. I'm always scared of bbq food that others prepare...my golden rule now is the cut in before I dig in...had a few close calls myself.

rop...our football's a little bit different that that in the US. Most of the rules are the same, but I like our Canadian football better.

ivy...good to "see" you. What a roller coaster ride for you...glad to hear the support is helping. People genuinely do care...you're such a beautiful, bright person. Hang in there dear. xo

10:39 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Love these photos, especially the lady taking the cheerleader shot.hehe
Sorry to hear about your dad.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home