Monday, July 30, 2007

Dreaming

A few years ago I was flipping through a magazine when I stumbled across an article on places in the world that are "must see" resorts/attractions. And one caught my eye so much that I ripped out the pages and kept it, saying to myself "one day I'm going to get there". As someone who's never travelled beyond the usual Disneyland/Hawaii trips, when I win that lottery I'm heading here.


It's situated on the western edge of Kruger National Park in South Africa. I'd have a hard time choosing between one of 10 rooms in the cliffside Rock Lodge, one in the rope-bridge access treehouse-style suites in the Safari Lodge, or part of the new Singita Lodge that is a 15 room compound that features glass windowed suites. Either way, it's a maze of elevated walkways that connect common areas and viewing decks that offer eye popping vistas of the savanna and distant mountains. Spectacular. There's nothing wrong with dreaming, is there?

8 Comments:

Blogger Gledwood said...

looks rather pleasant ...

2:54 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

when I win the lottery, I'll pick you up on the way there.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Nothing wrong with dreaming at all! That place looks gorgeous, wow. Can you pick me up on the way too? ;)

4:56 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Ooooh! I wanna go too!!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

We'll do a girl's trip. Sweet.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

oh gled, you can come too. I already promised.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Usual Disneyland Hawaii trips? Let me know next time you're going. I've never been to either (though I DID go to Expo 67).

7:30 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

well busterp...one day I'll tell you about MY trips.

In short:

one was on a bus...the wheel flew off on the highway.

my ex was a nightmare on another.

Hawaii was good though...went with a couple of g/f's and we ripped the place apart. My fondest memory was my cousin and I doubling through a hotel lobby on a "borrowed" moped at midnight. Ah, the good ol' days. (Alcohol had a bit to do with our "decision making" that night)

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home