Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A quick post, as I'm exhausted tonight. I worked then we "pitched and putted", went to Pajo's for dinner and just got back home.

The very good news is that Dad had a milestone cancer check today and he's cancer free!! I won't jinx this by talking numbers, but he's inching towards the "out of the woods" stage...although I don't know that you can ever really be completely worry free or totally feel that way. I think the fear of cancer is something that just sticks with you once it's been planted.

I tossed and turned all night last night with worry. After what we've been through over the past couple of years, I expected the worst. We've been told that, should it return, there's nothing much that can be done. I woke up having nightmares and in a cold sweat early this morning. Then I went to work and worried my brains out there. My brother called me out of the blue (which has NEVER happened before) and that made my heart sink...I thought for sure he had bad news. But it seems that maybe things are turning around for us...although they'll never be "good" without Mom here, we'll take any bit of good news we can get. And this really is the best we've had in a long time.

So we celebrated with Hedgehog Gelatos in fresh waffle cones at the river. Yee frickin' ha...go Dad! Today is a good day.

10 Comments:

Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

Great news about your Dad! Your family must be so relieved. :)

10:20 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

That is so awesome Debs YAAAAY for Dad! *hugs*

8:03 AM  
Blogger junky said...

Very glad to here Dad is on the mend, thats really good news!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks you guys. A big sigh of relief...still have the aneurysm to get through but at least now we know that's all we're dealing with.

Maybe we're coming out of the tunnel?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

I'm happy for you, Deb. :-)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That is wonderful news, Deb! Your dad is one strong person and he can handle this aneurysm as well, don't worry.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm late getting round, but that's excellent news Deb! :)

8:29 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Yeah I'm glad you got some good news for once!!
Take care
;->
G

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news. Survivors are some of the greatest willed people I've ever known. When ya cheat something like cancer... I guess it gives someone an entirely new lease on life.

Hopefully your daddy makes the most of it.


Blondie

3:30 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks to all of you. I know I'm lame, addressing you in "bulk" like this. Just on a bit of a hiatus here and spreading myself very thin while Linds is away. In short, I'm out "playing".

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home