Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm being a lazy blogger again...just not much to talk about. I've been on the go all weekend...got Linds ready to go away with her Dad and, quite frankly, I'm sad that I don't get to "holiday" with my kids anymore. All I seem to do is work. I composed a post about how I miss the "family" vacations - the quiet, moonlit nights in front of the fire, the water skiing during the day...all of it. I miss it this year more than ever. I may or may not post what I wrote, we'll see.

Ty and I have spent the last two days at the track - Saturday with Joyce and Sunday with my Dad (who hasn't been in years). We love it there - plain and simple. I've said it before - it's gorgeous and I can't think of too many places in town that I'd rather spend an afternoon. I can't imagine going there to sit inside (as the heavy gamblers/drinkers) do. It's all about the fresh air and the horseshit for me.

Anyhow, not much happening in my world. Nothing newsworthy for sure. Ooh, except that "The Province" news here did a story about my customer who got busted at Safeway. Seems it's an ongoing problem for him and it's not his first offense. Creepy. He told me he had a "dj'ing" business, yet he told police he's a "photographer". A pervert, that's what he is.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Barb - I fear I've neglected my Rocker Girl tag and mostly it's because I don't know any others here that aren't already on the list. But I'm still working on it and want you to know that I'm not just ignoring it.

Junky...you really WILL get your goodies in the mail. I'm actually throwing in a couple other doo-dads, so it's taking me a bit longer. But I haven't forgotten or broken my promise. And I'll be damned if, in the meantime, we haven't "eaten" the supply and I've had to replace it. Thought of you though.

Patience my friends.

Anyhow, off to work now. Here's a pic I snapped at the races that reminded me of another that I'd taken awhile ago:

Reminded me of this one:

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Meh, don't worry about the rocker girl thing, Deb, it's supposed to be fun, not more work.

I wish you could get away on holiday. I miss the days when Eva was little and we used to spend the day at the neighbourhood lake - those days were magical, but I do have the memories and fortunately she's still happy to do stuff with me.

2:05 PM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

I like those two pictures. A lot.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Like a junky chasing his first high, we always try to recreate the summers of our youth, eh? Somehow, it's never as good as the memory...

5:36 PM  
Blogger junky said...

To hell with your summer I'm getting Aero bars...:)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Even your slow days are wonderful!! I love reading your stuff!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Yeah I'm lucky that my kids still do things with me. But the getting away from the city together is the thing I'm missing...the ratrace is getting to me.

thanks lala! I almost missed the first one.

w/n...you've got that right. I guess the memories just have to be enough sometimes.

junky...another four pack "disappeared" this week. I'm going to buy two more tomorrow and I'm hiding them and putting a big "hands off" sign on them in case they are found. Apparently they're the favorite of this household and they're not safe in the fridge.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb, that first response was for you...tired and sloppy tonight!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home