Friday, July 20, 2007

Things that need to be done today and how I'll go about doing them:

Laundry - I'll curse, rant & swear. Then hurt my back piling 40,000 pounds of clothing into the car that's quite likely been worn once or tried on, then thrown on the floor. I'd make them come and do it, but that's too painful. Don't even talk to me about when I actually get to the laundromat and have to fight people who are jostling for machines and trying to pull a fast one by going ahead of me. It gets ugly.

---------------

Vacuum - Again, a backbreaker. I think my bag's been full for 8 weeks now - I need a new one. My lack of success in purchasing the right ones has made me finally want to give up. Anyone need bags for their vacuum?....I have Hoover, Kenmore, Dirt Devils, Shit Suckers and every other brand except the ones I need...which are Beaumark. I swear when I vacuum I'm blowing more crud into the air than I'm actually picking up. Screw it, I need a mask first. I'll do it later.

---------------

Go to work - I feel totally under appreciated lately. I'm being asked for things without any kind of recognition, compensation or so much as a simple "thank you, we appreciated that". Which is impacting how I feel about my job, that I once loved (still do love the people there). But no, I won't do a split shift because your daughter has plans in both the morning AND the late afternoon and can't make hers. There was a time that I would've - I'm flexible and able to. But once you accomodate something like this the first time, it never ends. Before you know it it's "Deb, can you come in for 12 minutes this morning then do 6 hours this evening, followed by a quick trip in at midnight, to secure the joint? Oh, and bring a camel with you, we need one". You get my drift, not doing it. And I really did have other plans. REALLY.

So I'll arrive right on time (not early and during unpaid hours). I'll leave right on time (and not serve those customers after the CLOSED sign is up, like I used to do). And if I have to pee during my shift, I'M GONNA damn it (long story).

---------------

Grocery Shop - I used to love it, not so much anymore. I find myself wandering the aisles, not really knowing what to buy. Everyone in this house is on the fly, noone eats the same things at the same times and I'm tired of throwing out enough food to feed the entire population of Africa. And until they come up with 0 calorie, low fat/high fibre chocolate flavored salad, I can't seem to find anything that appeals to me. So we'll order in today.

---------------

Work Out - which lately has meant putting on good music and wandering aimlessly around the house for two minutes until finding myself parked back in front of this time sucking machine. I've been tired and slacking this week. And that needs to change. Tomorrow.

So what chores do you have to do today?

6 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

Oh man! I'm still not dressed yet and it's almost 11am! I've cleaned the bathroom though, and got a start on the dishes (which is a daily thing anyways so big deal eh)
I'm thinkin' I might just say "screw it" and go out and wander around the city! Maybe buy new speakers for my computer, or maybe new earbuds for my iPod. The ones that come with it sound like shite!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Mel....screw it's my anthem.

Weird game last night huh? Hope you enjoyed it. I'm a little worried about my Geroy though...think he's getting flustered.

11:21 AM  
Blogger MyDirtyLaundry said...

Grocery shop and pack up for another weekend at the lake! Hope you enjoy yours. :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Women on the Verge said...

I'll trade ya. I've lost my mind and agreed to let my 13 year old daughter have a sleepover tomorrow night... I spent the day laying in provisions of the salty and sweet variety. Pray for me.

E

6:06 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I got a few things done - workout, which I am just starting to get back into after the foot sprain, cleaned a bathroom, mowed the lawn. And then Eva and I spent the day exploring a new part of town and stayed out for supper. It was glorious.

i sure know what you mean about not being enamoured of work anymore.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

lala...a weekend at the lake is JUST what I'm aching for. Linds leaves tomorrow and I have to hold down the fort here. :(

E...it's been nice knowin' ya! Seriously, sometimes I actually miss those days. Did I really just say that?

Barb...holy moley, you are a busy bee. Glad to hear you're healing and able to resume torturing yourself.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home