Saturday, August 18, 2007

Matt Good Countdown.....

Well in a little over a month we'll be heading to Matt's acoustic show (YEA).

For those of you attending shows in other parts of the country, let's compare notes, o.k.? And, for the rest of you (without tickets), I suggest you find some ASAP or you'll be sorry.

As a prelude and to get you all totally pysched, here's a video Linds shot from last year's show. How'd she manage to get so up close and personal you ask?....well she sat on the floor, smack dab in the middle of the aisle.

This particular song is bittersweet for me...while it's a "favorite", it's also the song that I played the day I admitted Mom to the palliative ward at the hospital, knowing full well that she'd never be coming home again. It was Christmas day and I came home alone with a bottle of wine, sat down cross legged on the floor by the Christmas tree and cried forever. I played this song over and over...the line "and when I wake up you won't be here" was the trigger each and every play (still is). If he plays it this year, I'm quite sure I'll crumble.

FTR, Linds has a few more videos from that show that she's still got to upload...I'll crack the whip. She's a bit of a procrastinator (like her Mom).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm looking forward to the concert here as well. (Cripes there are a tonne of concerts this fall!) It's at a fancy sit-down hall this year.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm anticipating a real doozie Barb...I'll be looking forward to your review and checking to see if he sneaks anything in that he didn't do here (in which case I'll demand an encore).

7:26 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Argh, he's coming back to Manitoba in November on his way back to BC, but he's playing in Brandon and that's 3 hours away, which wouldn't be bad except it's on a weekday which makes things CRAZY and I don't know that I should throw $70 at a concert after just finding out about school but...how do I NOT go?? Man...

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home