Friday, September 14, 2007

Hello friends.

Sorry, I've been quite remiss in responding to comments but I promise I'll get caught up soon. I have read them and feel very badly that I've only had short little spurts on the computer and haven't had time to answer them as I'd like. But I feel it's rude that I haven't acknowledged you at all, so I promise to catch up tonight (or maybe tomorrow....I'm fading fast here).

I'm having a garage sale tomorrow, so I've been getting ready for that. Today after work I was doing some prep and decided to tie a rope from the tree to a post so I could hang things on it - turned out to be a big mistake. I climbed up on a rickety old stool, being very careful, as I knew it wasn't too steady. I almost had it beat when the damn thing buckled and I came crashing down, landing hard on the (very big) tree roots. It hurt like hell and my ribs seemed to have taken the worst of it. Oh, and my foot. Mostly it scared the hell out of me because I really wasn't ready to take a dive. And of course, it was out front at rush hour with cars streaming by so my pride took a pretty good blow as well. Impressive.

Anyhow, I went up to my rock to honor Mom's birthday the other night and was totally pissed to see it already occupied when I got there. Why do I feel like I own it? I get really upset and want to tell people to move when they're there. They had wine and beer and snacks so I knew they were in for the long haul...I begrudgingly shuffled over to the smaller rock to do my thing.

These are the pics (and some from last night too). I've been doing my ride every evening while it's been nice out - which explains my absence here. King of the castle?









8 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Ah, Deb those are gorgeous photos. So peaceful. I'm glad you were able to still find another place to sit and honour your Mom :)

I hope you are feeling better after the fall. How are the ribs, and foot? Ribs are the worst sometimes, eh? Hope you heal soon.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Those birds.. wow. I won't name them I nearly misspell the word.

Garage sales? You're in exalted company... didn't Whitney Houston have to sell her old knickers because Bobby Brown got her addicted to crack?

Hope it goes well!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics. I like that time of day when the sun is fading.

Fall: doesn't it always happen when someone is looking. Ha.

Good luck on your sale. Have a nice weekend.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what is garage sale?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Ouch, sorry to hear about the tumble! And, you and your mom had such a strong bond, that you know she must be watching out for you now...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I hope you're not feeling too banged up, Deb. Those are wonderful photos, I'll bet you can really feel your mom in that gorgeous place.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Oh, Deb those pictures are lovely. I want to be walking along that dock right now. You really do live in a gorgeous area.

Thanks for loaning us your Canucks for awhile. Victoria has been having a grand old time with them in town. Tomorrow's jersey game sold out in four minutes! Unfortnately I am not one of the lucky ones that managed to snag a seat.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Al...thank you. It's hard to take a bad photo up there...so much to see and at sunset the entire place is just beautiful.

The ribs are o.k., the foot - not so much. After being on it all day, I can barely hobble now that my shoe's off.

gled...The birds up there put on quite a show...I can sit and watch them for hours. This garage sale was a clearing out of stuff we're no longer using. Unfortunately, it'll take about 10 more to complete the job.

busterp...that's my favorite time of day. It's so beautiful that it creates a bit of problem for me...I end up staying too long and then have to bike back in the dark! I always fall in front of an audience.

rop....a "garage sale" is a sale held at people's homes (yards, driveways, etc.) to get rid of household items that they no longer need. They're often held when people are moving (so are also known as "moving sales").

whitenoise...I'm such a damn clutz. I should just wear pads and a helmet at all times.

Barb....I really can feel Mom when I'm there. We lived very nearby and it'll always be "home" to me. I'm feeling the effects of the fall a little more today. Mostly my foot.

tc...I better get my butt over to your blog...haven't been there for awhile. So good to see you back here...I really missed you.

You take good care of the boys while they're there, o.k.? I wish you could catch them in action, they're so exciting to watch.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home