Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Now here's an ambitious little guy. Seems that he got hungry and noone was paying attention so he took matters into his own hands. Holy cow, I don't think I did much more than ride my Big Wheel around at that age (I pretended it was MY car). This little bugger was even determined enough to get his car seat into place before hitting the road. My thinking is that Applebee's should give him free food for life...somehow there's some good advertising in this. Wow.

In other news....MY CANUCKS PLAY TONIGHT!! It's a PPV game, which is quickly becoming one of the only ways to view a game. I'm pretty sure we pay about $800/game now. Seriously though, when we first started ordering the package in 2001 (we've had it every year since it started), it was $59.95. This year it's $159.95 (+ tax)....which is about a 72% increase over 6 years. I think they should be paying us to be loyal fans for all these years.


Well, gotta run. I have a day off today, as the boss's daughter needs extra cash right now and wanted extra shifts! She's trying out for the Canadian rugby team, so I'm supporting her in that by taking time off and being poor. Off to the laundromat for me (oh joy!).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Thingy said...

I liked the remark about being loyal fans.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Thingy said...

Yeah I did. Be wary of the jokes section though. I have an irreverent sense of humor and the jokes don't reflect my politics. I had someone get fairly upset with me over them so I may attach a disclaimer.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm suspecting they don't cook a lot at that boy's house if going to Applebees was what he figured you do if you're hungry. No peanut butter in the house?

Good luck to your Canucks - they owe you loyal fans something for all that money you've been dishing out!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Canucks... even the name sounds like a puck flying...

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home