Monday, September 24, 2007

This is a really important post. Something I must say, as I'm feeling it SO strongly. Last night especially. Here goes.....

My world is over when there's no milk in the house. Seriously.

Last night I really wanted toast & jam for dinner (noone was here but me, which explains my exquisite taste). I got pretty psyched up about this and was just about to make it when I realized I had a very serious emergency on my hands - no milk. It just couldn't work. I had lemonade in the fridge - but that would just BE too much fruit - a fruit explosion of sorts and I could od and die. I had water and love to drink it by the gallon, but not with toast. It was a serious crisis. I was shattered.

I could've gone to the store but, when I'm the only one here - I'M LAZY. I'd have to get dressed and drive and EVERYTHING. Just not happening (but it almost did for milk). Almost.

I never run out of milk. EVER. It rates right up there with toilet paper for me. I had expired milk AND expired chocolate milk (that never happens either - we always use it all). So I don't know what is going on in this madhouse, but I think I'd better hire someone to look after the milk duties because this is totally unacceptable.


I'm serious here.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

When you need a glass of milk, only a glass of milk will do. Mind you, I would not have gone to the store either and would probably have made a cup of tea as a poor substitute.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

For milk, I would have crawled to the store. But then there is a handy dandy corner store right across the street from me.

I absolutely cannot have chili without milk. No way no how.

11:25 PM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

I feel your pain. I need a splash in my coffee every morning and have suffered going without it when the unthinkable happened to me. How could I have forgotten to pick some up while I was out? We should start local support groups for similarly minded folks so whoever is out at the time can zip right over with a fresh bottle for them in need.
Need a fix? Call M.A.
Milkaholics Anonamous

4:03 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

barb...you see the problem with that is that I put milk in my tea/coffee as well. So it was a lose-lose situation. Just hopeless.

tc...there are so many things for me that are "can't have's without milk". Pretty much everything. Chili's a "for sure" though.

jim dandy...I love your idea - I say we get that group going ASAP. I just can't drink coffee without a little splash too.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Sign me up for MA! I do have a rule: whenever I am in a grocery store, I buy milk. No need to think about how much milk there is in the fridge, just buy some regardless.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Ah milk. I love it so too. In my tea as well.

I'm having veggie chili for dinner and drinking juice, yet it is just not the same. I should get up and get some milk.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate milk so you can drink my "dose". hehe

10:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love my milk. Milk with sandwitches, milk with pizza. And chili of course. Milk with most any food. I buy by the gallon and have a new one in the frig once the other gets below 1/2. I never run out though I know the feeling.

Did you have milk that was past it's expiration date? If it was only a couple of days, I would have risked it.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sandwiches


(doing a deb - ha)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

barb...you're in. You can be my sponsor, cause you're always prepared.

Al...see, veggie chili sounds great but I'd HAVE to have milk or it just wouldn't work. Juice couldn't do the job.

rop...you HATE milk?! I couldn't imagine living without it. Do you make up the calcium in your diet somehow?

busterp...you sound like me. Pretty much everything "requires" milk. The milk was only a day past the date but I dumped it. Noone's been around much, which explains why I dumped half a jug down the drain. :( I should've chanced it - but with my recent food poisoning fresh in my mind, I don't risk anything food related.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know in the 1950s when immigrants first started to appear in Britain from the weird and wonderful shores of the former colonies and us Brits thought they smelled of odd spices... I am reliably told they all thought white people smelt of sour milk!

Don't know if that is true but you can see why.... If I'm not drinking milkshake I'm eating cheese or yogurt...

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home