Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yo Ho Ho

Ahoy wenches and mates. Ye swashbucklin bunch o'hornswagglers, what ye be doin this fine day? Walking the plank? Dancin' the Hempen Jig? Or are ya just recoverin after a night with the bumboo?

Avast! It be " Int'l. Talk Like A Pirate" day today, me favorite day of all. Yar 'tis true. So all hands on deck now, we've work to do. And bring me a noggin of rum while yer at it.

(Shiver Me Timbers, I think I sound more like an Irishman than I do a pirate. I think I need some work on this).

8 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

I think maybe you're a drunken Irish pirate!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I think you're right tc. I'm actually rather confused as to WHAT I am.

I was driving Linds to school when we heard about this on the news...she was ecstatic - she loves pirates (thanks to Johnny Depp I'm sure). Apparently she went to school and spread the word and even had her teachers participating.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Yaaaarrr! etc

I walk like a pirate - does that count?

7:24 PM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

Arrrgjh, and me a real live pirate and all and not even realizin that I wasted an entire day not workin me plank or floggin them that be needin floggin. Arrrrgh! But the year that be next, I be ready!!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

I would have enjoyed a day of teachers talking like pirates. Sounds like a pretty cool school she has found there.

9:02 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Ahoy mate, shiver me timbers!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Talk like a pirate. Ooer. You mean in a kind of Cornish/westcountry accent... half my family spoke like that ... I used to call it a turnip accent. Both grandparents on my mum's side...

(well they had a slight twang because they came from Reading. The modern accent there is indistinguishable from London.)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, thank god I am not a pirate because I can't understand it too well, my favourite days are:
1, My birthday
2, Hockey Day (11th January)
3, My name day

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home