Monday, October 15, 2007

Text With No Images Makes Me Sad (Blogger has slept in today and therefore is not allowing pictures to beautify the posts)

Wow, where does the time go?

Has it really been 4 days since my last post? Guess it has and the only explanation to offer is that I'm on the "fly". Fiona's been here and when we're all here, I just find I'm "busier". Doing what, I don't quite know.

My sports talk for the day - both of my teams had most excellent weekends...the Lions and the Canucks beat Edmonton teams for a 3-0 sweep. Yea. Ty & Fiona went to the game Saturday to help with the win. Assists to both of you for that.

Anyhow, I got a very unexpected day off work today, as the young rugby player needed my shift ($$) and I'm happy to support her, even if it means we're poorer than usual. It's only for a limited time that she needs the extra cash, so I'm getting caught up on some business that needs taking care of (yes - that does mean I'll FINALLY be mailing chocolate bars & cd's!).

Don't expect to receive them though - I'm currently in a battle with Canada Post, as 3 pieces of mail that were sent to me never arrived here. Of course, the bills and junk mail always make it - it's the gift cards, rebates and refunds that have gone astray. I'm quite worried and am demanding that an investigation be conducted, as this is now a recurring thing (I used to get some pieces completely ripped open, now I don't get it at all).

Enough about me and my woes though.

Today Conrad Black is doing a book signing in Toronto, but it's more than just the signing that's got my attention - it's THE WAY inwhich he's doing it, thanks to Canadian author, Margaret Atwood .

Amazing stuff, isn't it?

8 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh yeah, I had heard Margaret Atwood talking about this pen on CBC. Who knew that she was the inventorly type.

I hope your fight with Canada Post gets dealt with to your satisfaction.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Oooo your blog is turning into mine then!!

Beware btw at 4pm Pacific Blogger is going down for "essential maintenance"!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where'd I go you ask.....New York City ...woo hoo

6:53 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Wonder if Conrad will continue to use it from the slammer after he's sentenced... Nice to see an arrogant crook get what he deserves.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Hey do you like MY new image~~~?!?


;->...

8:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Toronto fans hardly can say yeah. :(

10:16 AM  
Blogger junky said...

Debb, I need a new post from you.....

11:57 PM  
Blogger junky said...

Thanks for being around tonight Debb
junnky

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home