Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm tired. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I hate shopping. I actually never shop (anymore - I'm reformed). But today I picked Linds up and we stopped at the mall so she could "look" at something (which cost me $200) and these two words got me:
Goner. There goes the afternoon. The store that really killed me was Regis Pictures & Frames - 75% off EVERYTHING. Art, posters, prints, candles, plaques, framing material, etc.

I'm going back tomorrow because the car just wasn't big enough.

It kinda sucked that Linds was with me because I couldn't barrel through her birthday (April) shopping like I would've liked to. The deals were incredible. But I bought the stuff anyhow and then just handed it over to her, because she was right when she said it wouldn't be a good birthday if she knew what she was getting. So happy January 23. We'll call it Happy Day. Or "We Broke Now Wednesday"...I like that one better.

Every store had killer bargains...photography shops, cooking stores, body shops. But despite Linds and I "separating" (so I could do said birthday shopping), she tailed me everywhere. One clerk laughed as she saw me trying to shoo her away from a table that I'd already selected items from. "Oh I've already seen that stuff Mom". Piss off Linds.

I also scooted down to check on my investment...the Oval's coming along just fine and I'll be moving in after the Olympics are over. I am getting a little excited. Best 180 million I ever spent.

So here are some pics from today's shinanigens shinanagins shinannigans (how the heck hell fuck do you spell that word anyhow Barb?)
UPDATE: Blogger is a stubborn ass and won't cooperate or post pics tonight. Probably at the Sidewalk sale. So pics to follow tomorrow. They're good, I promise.


And noone died today so I can't even use that as filler. I know, I'm awful.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Happy Happy Day.

(Hey, I'm just across the harbour today...)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

I like to shop for fun stuff, the kind of stuff you don't need the kind of stuff that's not found in a mall.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I like to browse old book stores the most. I have an affinity for that old mold smell.

Shenanigans is a hard word to spell.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

w/n...so you brought the sunshine? Good job. :)

tc...what made this sale so great was that it was all the little shops that don't normally have sales. So some good finds. I agree, the stuff you don't need's the best.

Al...I love book stores - we don't have many "old" book stores that I'm aware of. But we have a Black Bond book store that has all kinds of treasures and a 2, 5 & 10 dollar table that I always manage to find stuff on.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Is it a coincident that Happy Day comes just a couple of days after the traditional Most Depressing Day of the Year? I think not, and that's likely a good reason for all the sidewalk sales.

We are doing a shopping thing today too, but likely sticking largely to the used record store (which I can handle).

8:32 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I hate shopping too... only shop I like doing (perversely) is the supermarket... it's that gliding round the isles thing...

also if you ever get the chance to come to London you gotta do Harrods... it's every bit as big as Macey's and far posher... if you can't afford any proper stuff (like the 4ft high Chinese vases I want either side of the cinematic-sized TV at the shallow end of my swimming pool) (when my memoirs have sold 20,000,000+) you can get Harrods Lights cigarettes from the "miscellaneous" department ... or some really nice sugared almonds from the food halls...

10:29 AM  
Blogger junky said...

I've been feeling that way lately also, any day someone I know doesn't die is a good day. they seem to be dropping like flies around me.

11:13 PM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

I have a love hate relationship with shopping..

what is your opinion on relationship?

10:16 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb...I think it's perfectly fitting to bring ourselves up from Depressing Day with a happy day. I'd better come over and see what you scored during your happy day excursion.

gled...I plan on it (coming to London one day that is)

junky...another one for me yesterday :(

tk...mine's sort of a love/hate thing too. I love to shop, but hate that I buy a bunch of crap I don't need. I'm coming over to discuss relationships.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home