Sunday, January 13, 2008


I'm not very creative, energetic, talkative or interesting right now. Just pluggin' along - working a lot of hours, feeling the big empty hole that Mom used to fill with laughter. But I think my sadness is more than just grief right now. Maybe it's depression, but I feel that it's the realization that this is all there is. We live and then we die. Done deal.

I'm a simple person - I don't need a bunch of material things or money to make me happy. I do need the sun on my face, a ride by the river and to see the mountains against the blue sky. And that should be enough, but sometimes it's not. Just work, money, bills and start the cycle all over again. Why? What for? Maybe Chris McCandless was onto something?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

There's more, Deb. Sometimes it sneaks up on you or you catch mere glimpses, but it's there. For what it's worth, you're not alone and there are people out here who care about you.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks w/n. In a real funk lately...been nothing but bad stuff lately and it starts to play with you after awhile. Your visits always help with that. :)

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home