Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Best/Worst List For 2007:

WORST:

Losing my best friend, the one always in my corner who could make me laugh out loud everytime...my Mom. This one's in a category of its own, which "Worst" just doesn't even begin to cover. More like devastatingfuckaluckashit. Something like that.


My Dad's battle with his own life threatening illnesses. Watching his strength and laughter gradually slip away.

My near death experience and the subsequent "procedure" to fix things, which involved a heated balloon. Don't ask.

Losing a friend (Vince).




My first "at fault" car accident (a fender bender, but a piss off nonetheless). "Where Is My Mind?"





The Canucks being beat by the Ducks in the semi finals.

The Lions losing the WF (but it was fun).



Owning a television and overhearing the words "Paris", "Britney" & "George Bush" coming from it.


The anticipation of having won my way into a HUGE poker tournament (Mom would've been so proud). Waiting for weeks on end for it, marking it on the calendar, setting the alarm for 4:30 (yes - AM) and then getting knocked out almost immediately by a really bad beat. And I couldn't fall back asleep either.



My hair. Was a bad hair year this year.




Not winning the lottery, as planned (and spent like).

The state of the world in general. Where do we go from here?

The hospital. Spent far too much time there and when I started giving info to other visitors, it became apparent.

Being drunk dialed by the ex (it's the only time he makes any sense at all. God bless you beer).

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

BEST:

Seeing my brother truly clean for the first time in years - and knowing that he was probaby going to make it as he took his one year cake at NA.

My family in general. They rock.

Dad slowly regaining his health. And his spirit.

Lindsay & her school success (a huge one). Her former school was crap, despite the fact that it's touted as "THE" best school around. To that I say "bullshit". And to those teachers with brick ears who claimed SHE was the problem and refused to support us....a big "kiss my ass" to you all. We've found teachers who know how to teach (and care). I'll be sending you their handbook. It's called "Linds rocks". Learn it.

Just look what this frickin' genius can do....can YOUR kid do that Mr. VP? (Doubt it). And don't try and take credit for it either. This kid's goin' places and it's no thanks to any of you. Your loss pal - I told you so. (Loser)




Ty & Fiona, who brought me endless laughter all year long. You rock.





My internet friends, who've come to mean the world to me (really, you do). More rockers. Movers. Shakers. Quakers. Just an awesome lot you are. ( Cheques are in the mail)



Seeing/meeting Matt Good (again). And some of his wonderful friends.

Seeing/meeting Holly McNarland and then receiving a gift from her the day after (so cool).

The Damien Rice concert. It was during the stuff with Mom....a great release. I cried throughout the entire thing.

Getting a new Geroy jersey, a Geroy framed pic and 800 new pairs of socks. That's huge.

Winning a signed Geroy jersey and an authentic (w/fight strap) "new" Canucks jersey (which we're still waiting for - it's been nearly a year now)

A dog named Chuck, who loves me unconditionally. He could teach his owner a few things (the ex's dog).

Hospital Music.

Being drunk dialed, again, by the ex. Always entertaining and, at 3 am, I usually don't have anything better to do.
..................................(donkey)

This was just rattled off the top of my head and I know I'll be editing/adding more.

How 'bout you...what's your list?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL....I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. (EXCEPT YOU, MR. VP)

10 Comments:

Blogger mellowlee said...

Happy New Year Deb!! It was so nice to chat with you on the phone last night. Coffee soon ok? XO

Best of 2007:
1. Devon's visits in the summer and winter, and him wanting to move back home, possibly this summer!

2. My Blawgies, the support you gave me at the start of the year was amazing, and I will never for get it EVER! thank you all, your ROCK! especially loved the in person visits, and meeting Neighbor in person

3. Going to The Hour with 668 Neighbor of the Beast and meeting George Strombo, shaking his hand and getting a picture. You couldn't wipe the smile off of my face for weeks!

4. Having George Strombo read my email on air (radio show) two weeks in a row. Freaked me out at first, but it was cool. Then hearing him give Allison a shout out from Newcastle the same day WOOOTS!

5. My new job. It's not the best, but it's a good living, and better than nothing! There's a lot to be said for benefits, and stat holidays!!!

6. Lots of great new music

7. My Friends, the old and the new!

Worst of 2007:
1. Dev moving to Cranbrook
2. Putting up with Sean's BS last Jan/Feb!

Ok Debs, I will leave it at that instead of hijacking your comment space LOL! Have a great 2008 XOXO

2:14 PM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

if only life could be nothing but BEST of Lists.

smoochies
Happy New Year

5:59 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Deb, you've had more of a year than most people have to live through in a decade. My sincerest wish is that 2008 is a little on the boring side for you. And the only excitement is the good kind.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Deb, you have had quite a year and its amazing to me that you can put it all down and still make us smile.

My favourite bit was the part about your hair. Sorry, made me chuckle.

Hehehe! I love Mel's note on the Strombo show email. That was a fun night in radio/blog land.

All the best for 2008, my friend.

9:10 AM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

I hope Bush is on everyones worst list.
Here's hoping for nothing but a best list next year.
Cheers.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Deb here's to a new list in 2008 with a much, much shorter and far less earth shattering worst list. Maybe it's just me and I'm far too curious but well I'm sorry I just have to ask, A heated balloon?

6:47 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

When you were posting the worst I was thinking what can possibly outbalance this: then I saw your best... I think you got it Debs ...nobody can alter the things life chucks at us. It is all in the attitude. It really is. Know what I mean?

;->...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great list. Made me smile.

You make my best list.

Happy New Year.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Yeah, you're on my Best of list. ;-)

5:02 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Mel...sorry, I've been back at work and on the fly so haven't had much time to respond. That's a great list...number one's awesome.

Thanks Barbara...love sent your way.

Barbara B...not off to a great start. But apparently I'm going down fighting!

Al...my hair is just taking a new direction. I wish that coarse straw flyaway was in this year.

Jim Dandy...thank bud...all the best to you.

tc...yes, it's called thermal ablation and I'm quite sure it's a torture treatment used to keep gyn's entertained when they're bored.

gled...for the most part, I agree. But some of this stuff just can't be ignored and is a real bummer. I'm trying the positive thinking/attitude thing though, just to see if it can't bring some positive energy my way!

busterp...aw, thanks. (blushing) Top of my list.

w/n...likewise dear man. Hope all is well.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home