Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This One's For Us (KW)



Everyone that knew us, knew.

How many cold afternoons, like the one today, would this be played?

Who could've known back then that the two kids would eventually have two kids and that, over 30 years later, you'd still call me when it comes on your radio? That I'd still get shivers directly related to you/this? And that, given the right ingredients, we'd both still cry.

Another one said "when mountains crumble to the sea......". It's just not the way we thought it would be, that's all. But best friends will just have to do.

Our boys did a good job last night it seems. And they will always make me think of you. And I know, you of me.

Another....I love how it's done here. Immediately transports me to another place/time - but you can never go back, right? For some, last night they did (lucky bastards)...I would've given anything to have been there. With you this time? Obviously, this one's not from last night. But it still holds the same punch with me that it did all those years ago....


Led Zeppelin is my religion. And this is my God.


(now, go check out the post below this one two...it's double header Tuesday)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Great memories huh, Deb? And that's hands down one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever.

Plant still has the voice. Have you heard his new album with Allison Krauss. E-mail me if you'd like to.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm hearing it was a great concert. Only for a few old bands do I get all excited at the thought of a reunion. LZ is definitely one of them.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Ah, the video didn't play for me :( I have been hearing it was a good concert too!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

very cool ;-)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

The papers were full of Led Zep having played that gig in London... was that the ONLY one they did? ... if so why London... aren't they American?... mystery deepens!

I've tried and tried but cannot get sound on this computer so will have to leave any kind of personal appraisal till later :->

7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Deb's too cool. Love them too.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

First off I was scanning through your old blogs and saw the Olympic mascots. UGLY! My sister and I went to the Bay to see what all the fuss was about and neither one of us could believe how ugly they were and how cheap looking. Also, do not get me started on the, "Made in China" label!

Oops, sorry just realized this was about LZ. Can you imagine what it must have been like to have been there! The excitement must have been through the roof.

12:25 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

God, that was amazing. Great memories for sure.
Not sure why, but I hear sadness in those melodies too.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ooooh, Dan - I'll do that. I heard a bit of one song on TV - sounded great.

Barb...for some reason, I didn't picture you a Zephead. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Al...from what I've seen, it was very good.

w/n...very VERY cool. ;)

gled...you're not serious??? They're totally and completely British. And this was a one shot deal although, considering the demand for tickets, it wouldn't surprise me to see a tour down the road. First in line here.

busterp...aw shucks, thanks.

tc...aren't they strange? I don't quite know what they are but they definitely have a "Made In China" feel about them. No worries about commenting on them here, just glad to "see" you. :)

tk...wasn't that something? Amazing.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home