Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I had an entire post done a few days ago, but had it in "preview" mode and now it's no longer applicable. Slacker.

I know I've been extremely negligent here and there really is no particular reason for that. Laziness. Sick. Tired. Now I'm sick and tired of being lazy so here I am.

Dad's home again - last week Linds got a call from him right before I drove her to school, his message to me being "come and get me or I'm taking the bus home". Now, considering that I whipped him in there in nothing but a hospital gown and bedroom slippers, that would not have been a pretty sight for the other riders of the 407. Visions of him being handcuffed in the back of a police car that just didn't sit well with me. So I did my best Jimmie Johnson and got everyone where they needed to be in under 12 minutes. Yea. I rule.

Went to the big football game yesterday. Well, "big" as in Canadian big...the Western divisional finals between my boys and some green and white insects from Saskatchewan. They chewed us up bigtime and, despite the fact that I lost my voice trying to "coax" our team into some energy, it just didn't happen. Such is life. I'll hang up my orange until next year and now just focus on my Canucks (who are starting to pick things up).

Anyhow, just wanted to "check in", which seems to be my pattern lately. I have a ton of really great pictures to post - last time I tried to put them up blogger was in a coma, so it didn't happen. As soon as I get 8 free hours, they're done.

I promise to try and get around to "visit" you all this evening...for now, it's off to see Dad and then to work. In the rain. Bleh.

10 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm really glad to hear that you dad is at home again. He'll be so much more comfortable there.

I am totally chuffed for a Winnipeg-Saskatchewan Grey Cup! It's a dream come true.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

yeah, good for your dad. Hope you're having a good week.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Your Dad sounds like a man after my own heart. I am really good at doing runners from medical institutions too!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh yeah, you've been tagged, honeypie, because you have so much spare time.

7:02 PM  
Blogger junky said...

I'm Glad Your Back, I don't know why I capitalized all of that...

9:14 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Barb. I really miss you and your little corner of the internet. I'm comin' over. And go west. It's a win-win situation, isn't it. The Riders sure clobbered us...man, did they look good.

whitenoise...I'm having a bearable week. Not quite to good yet, but working on it. The football game was a blast, so that got things heading in the right direction.

gled...yes, somehow I can see you doing something like that as well. I'm quite sure Dad checked himself out because as we were leaving the nurses were just coming to give him his meds. So he took them "to go".

Barb...tagged. O.K., I'm in.

junky...thank you. And probably because around here you're a VIP.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barb, I wasn't telling YOU to go west. I meant "GO WEST". But you're clever enough to figure that out.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm glad to hear that your dad is home now. I love his message of "come and get me or I'm taking the bus", sounds like something my mom would say :)

4:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is annoying when it neglects your saved posts despite I have never had it on there. However I had problem with Microsoft Word.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

notice how nice I have been by not mentioning endlessly about how the Saskatchewan Roughriders pounced on your BC Lions

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home