Wednesday, November 07, 2007

R.I.P.

It's decided.

I'm kicking the Volvo to the curb and buying an old lady car (probably a Toyota or a Honda). I'm fed up with repair bills and this time the news was too much...not just the stuff I already mentioned (struts, bushings, water pump). Add shocks, a doomahickey on the turbo charger, etc., etc. Basically, if I sold my soul, she would run decent. Maybe. For awhile.

I'm going to miss my car - it had a good bit of pep to it, I loved the sunroof and I felt safe driving it. That is when I was ABLE to drive it - half the time it was parked in a bay at my mechanic's shop, waiting for CPR. I'm sentimental that way - I get attached to things as well as people. Ridiculous really.

It's cost me a whack of $$ and I was a fool to put that much into a 20 year old car. I should've travelled the world instead. Bought a mountain or something.

I refuse to go down easily (into boringsville and driving like a gramma). I like to open the roof and the windows, crank my tunes and GO. (Fast).

Ah, maybe I'll buy one of these instead. I see some of the seniors at work really hauling serious ass on them. Knock people over even, which could come in handy.

When I no longer have to transport others, I'm thinking along the lines of something with two wheels?

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Now that is a real shame about your car. While I do not get emotionally attached to my cars, I can understand when people do. Especially when you have invested so much in this vehicle, you expect a little payback from it.

You would absolutely rock a scooter!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

having a soul is overrated.. sell it

6:36 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Sorry to hear about your wheels. Even when they run, it's scary how much they cost us...

7:14 PM  
Blogger junky said...

I feel your pain, I just had to drop close to 5 bills, to have my shift put on the floor from the column, it kept running thru shift tubes so I bought the floor shift thinking no problem I can do this, I crawled under the truck and knew a pro should do it, the best part is the pro took 5 hours and had to call the manufacturer, I can't imagine the hell I would of have doing it myself

8:39 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I live for the day I get to drive a scooter. You have no idea. Seriously. I plan to motor down the street with my cane...good times, good times.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

HAHAHA I know it is a matter of time for me too. I was looking all summer at buying a new car or a used car and eventually thought screw it, because I didn't want to spend the cash. Last month the battery died in my 86 Mazda. SO we did some fixes... but it is slowly falling apart... I dread the day I have to buck up and buy something. WHY haven't we got Transporters yet! Beam me there.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home