Tuesday, November 06, 2007

In This Family, Bass Players Are Best


This one ("Uncle Earl") happens to be family. His band played at my favorite (I practically raised her) cousin's wedding in Saskatchewan, which is where they're from. I don't quite understand why they're not "bigger" here in Canada - they were for a time, but "fizzled" out a bit. Very talented bunch and, as I was skipping around YouTube, I came across some of their stuff.

Anyhow, my favorite album is "Where I Started" (an older one). The videos for that were total crap though, so enjoy this one for the time being.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

That is cool, I met them a few times over the years (years ago). They are really good. I love their version of Superstition.

I love Bass players too hahaha (my boyfriend Paul plays bass and sings and plays piano and well anything really but he is best known on bass...)

He is filling in on bass this long weekend with a cool local cover band.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

well that is too cool Barb.

I love their cover of Superstition too...they do it justice for sure.

Piano....oooh, now you've got me. Love the piano.

Hope you're well - been really busy but will "stop by" and say hi when I get a minute to breathe.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home