Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What the hell is going on around here?

We're having gang related shootings on a daily basis...another last night, in the middle of Granville Street in Vancouver. A Mercedes was stopped at a red light when two SUV's cut it off and started shooting at the occupants, killing both of them. In the middle of a busy street!

That's 20 of these killings this year...four just this week! A man was killed in his mansion and his 10 year old called police to report it and others were killed while sitting in a local establishment. And 6 people were shot in an apartment in Surrey just a few weeks ago (the same day the plane crashed - the gang related killings were initially reported as a gas leak).

It's getting scary - innocent people are at risk of being caught in the crossfire, some of them not lucky enough to escape it. A gas fitter was one of the six in that apartment who died and he was there for no other reason than to do his job.

God awful and something must be done.

* * * * *

In other "God awful" news - my piece of shit car is in the shop. I took it in today because it needs to be aircared (insurance time) and my tail pipe fell off, which makes it kind of impossible to hook up for aircare since there's nothing there. But my mechanic (bless his greedy soul) has managed to find other problems ("ka-ching"). Seems I need strut stabilizers and my water pump is leaking and that's just what he's found SO FAR.....for fuck's sake, build me a new car already. These are SOME of my bills over the past few years and I'm now kicking myself for keeping my car much longer than I should have ('cause I love my little golddigger). What the hell are strut stabilizers anyhow?....can't I use bobby pins or something. I'm pretty sure I could rig something up, no? Ho-hum, such is life I guess.

Hope you're all well tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

Vancouver seems to be vying for gang capital of North America of late.

Bobby pins and duct tape what more could your car possibly want?

11:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate going out at night because these kind of gangs. Here it is not too serious problem but you are still in danger if there is 1 gang in the city and you meet them. I have never got injured because gangs or anyone and my friend told me it is because my height but I don't think it is because it. In general people don't make fuss with me.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

tc...now you have the right idea....duct tape. That should do'er.

ropi...my son doesn't go out at night much either and, like you, he is quite tall. But here they have guns and it doesn't matter what your stature is...you can just be minding your own business. Scary.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home