Wednesday, November 07, 2007

When It Rains....

Tonight when I went to see Dad I immediately knew something was wrong. I panicked at first, thinking he was having a medical problem. When I got him to admit that something was indeed wrong, he directed me to some papers on his dresser.

It seems he's being sued....long story, dating back two year ago when my brother "tapped" into someone's bumper when he rounded a corner to find the pickup in front of him had stopped dead in its tracks. The truck my brother was driving was insured in Dad's name at the time and this happened during his ordeal with cancer so we paid little attention to it. But it meant that he wasn't "covered" by insurance at the time. No biggie - minor scratches on the bumpers, so we never really gave it a second thought.

Now this opportunistic prick has decided to try and capitalize on the mishap...BIGTIME. Although on the day of the accident he hopped out of his (already dented) truck to say "no, no, everything's fine", he's since reconsidered and claims to have life altering injuries. He lived in the same building as my brother at the time, who saw him afterward, up and about (and perfectly fine). But, two years (pretty much to the day) afterward, he's decided he needs lots of cash to fix things. He was intially offered $5 G's but sneered at it??? Fuck I hate these people. There's not a damn thing wrong with him....how could there be when they were travelling at slug speed? How bad can the impact be when you've just started out from a stopsign and rounded a corner?

Now my first reaction is not to worry, as it's ridiculous to think that anything could come out of this. But, reality is, this will depend on someone's decision making and, depending on what kind of day they're having, could be quite devastating. People lie. He had a big ol' rusty dent in the back bumper. He may have had pre-existing problems.

That's where Deb the brilliant genius comes in.

Seems my computer skills have come in handy for a little more than boring all of you to death and playing poker with imbeciles. I did some "digging around" and came up with some stuff - real interesting "stuff".

This guy's a successful realtor and his business is thriving...hasn't missed a beat it seems. Is furthering his education, sits on the Rotary Board and his neighbourhood community association's Programming Committee and LOVES kayaking (enough to post lovely pictures of himself in English Bay). Was just married and was celebrating in his wedding pictures (that were beautifully touching I might add). I really hope he enjoyed his recent trip to Florida...wonder if they had to medi-vac him there?

Seems life's not been too bad for our friend and won't he be surprised to find out that I know a little more than he'd probably like me to. I'm sure he'll wheel into court in a neckbrace and a wheelchair. Then I'll remind him that his Facebook friends want to play golf, ski and kayak with him again (soon). I'll show pics of him uncorking that wine with a big smile on his face...wish Dad could smile like that. One day....

I think ICBC should offer me a job for uncovering what they haven't. Daddy will rest easier knowing his little girl's on the case - he already thinks I'm a super-sleuth magician and can solve anything in the world.

That golddigging piece of shit is going to be sorry he messed with this daughter's ailing father...big mistake buddy. You're goin' down.

And those newspaper articles you've posted hailing yourself as a "hero" for helping police bust a case won't mean shit after I expose you for what you really are (a lying crook). I may even have to let your employers know that your reputation as a trustworthy, honest realtor is about to be blown to smitherines.

Hi K, my name's Deb. Pleased to meet ya.

I'm afraid my psycho bitch staredown is a little out of practice...haven't had to use it in awhile (since I was married?). Still, a little intimidating, no?

11 Comments:

Blogger Deth Bleedly said...

not mean enough work on it. not bad though you need to channel the anger of the ex! good luck! by the way my wife is being sued for a vehicle incedent most people do suck.

3:59 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

What goes around , comes around, he doesn't know who he's messing with,
Sic em Deb, go get em!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Good I'm glad you got some goods on the bastard.

Also isn't all that car business covered by insurance?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Woohoo!! Can you see me standing here, doing the slow clap? You are my hero, girl! Well done, that is an excellent idea and fabulous sleuthing! Look at all the exclamation marks I need to use!!

I always knew those internet skills would pay off one day.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

Get him. Get him good. That sucks. Clearly he realized the time limit on this was nearly up so he sued.

When I had that accident that nearly took my life, and my legs, I spent 9 months learning to walk again. ICBC decided it was a no fault accident. BUT the person I hit, sued within the 2 year limit, not me, but ICBC through me. I had papers served to me. I didn't have to do anything as it was all through ICBC but mentally it really pissed me off. The guy had way less injuries than me, but he sued ICBC and got 200,000. I couldn't believe it. Lawyers are such scum, they get a big cut of those pay outs, they fuel clients in to suing for the littlest thing.

I really hope you guys nail this dickwad.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

Wow! I cannot tell you how impressed I am by your sleuthing skills. You go girl!!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Hi Debs thanks for the message... don't let those slimy old bastards get you down they are not worth it!

7:26 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

You go girl! *makes punching motions at the air*

1:38 PM  
Blogger Alana Elliott said...

UNLEASH THE FURY!!

Get'em Debz! Hell hath no fury, that guy is screwed. What a scrud that dude is, I can't believe it!

And after you've torn him a new sphincter, you can write a book about it!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Good for you, Deb! ;-)

6:30 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Deb, I can hardly wait to hear the outcome of that story. I hate lawyers and insurance companies equally, and I'm sorry your Dad has to go through all this shit...ciao

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home