Sunday, December 09, 2007


Well it seems that I survived last week (barely).

The kicker came on Thursday. I got up early and then proceeded to fart around until 9:00, which is time to wake Linds up (she sleeps through her alarm). When I did, she freaked out and said:

"MOM, LOOK AT THE TIME!!".

Yeah. So what?

"WE'RE LATE".

Silly girl, it's Friday...we're not late.

What? It's Thursday? - IT CAN'T BE!!!
(I did a quick recap...it really was) OH MY GOD, WE'RE LATE!!!

I'm supposed to have Linds at school by 9:00 and be at work by 9:15 on Thursdays - the lightbulb moment occurred at precisely 9:11. (Fitting) Oh Joy. We really were late.

I got to work at 10. I'm never late so I wasn't too worried, but it did set me back all day. When I had a quiet moment I actually stopped and had to think back over the week to figure out how it was only Thursday. How did that happen?....I felt so gypped. Some may call it a blonde moment, I, however, attribute it to being on overload. Yeah, that's it.

So, according to my calculations, I should've just stayed home on Friday because it was technically Saturday to me - no? Have I lost you yet?

* * * * * * * * * *

Speaking of Christmas - I wrote about 20 cards out last week. Today I actually addressed 5. Tomorrow, who knows - they may even get mailed. Maybe. There have been years that I've done all my cards and not mailed them. Efficiency's my middle name.

The ex and Linds did get a tree today so that's a step in the right direction. It's in the carport, waiting for a sudden burst of energy by me, which would actually get it inside and in a stand. Maybe tomorrow.

I don't know how this happens....December just sort of quietly sneaks in and hangs around until it smacks me over the head with Christmas. I think I'll start in October next year. Maybe even August.

Well friends, hope things are falling into place for you. Is anyone else feeling behind this year or am I the only one who ignores calendars and wings it. It obviously isn't working and I think I need a new plan.

(Oh, remind me to tell you about our Pokemon Olympic Mascots tomorrow. Pitiful)

9 Comments:

Blogger TK Kerouac said...

I'm late for everything and wing everything
need a better plan for the ADD

7:35 AM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

I finally got some cards mailed out.
Man, was that a chore! Don't think I'll do that again for a few years.

8:02 AM  
Blogger junky said...

we are all in some weird holding pattern , pardon the pun, until I get a start day at the new job. So everything seems not right.
Olympic mascots huh can't be as bad as Atlanta in 1996 with the "whatzit" can it?

9:02 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Junky's right, the Atlanta mascot was hands down the worst.

I am actually starting to get on top of things here, or at least I will be if I get off the computer and go do all the things that I booked the day off work to do.

Don't sweat it!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

I am going to post 30 xmas cards today. Ah yes, well I haven't done it in years so I am due.

{a title="Spreader of Love Award" href="http://iamlove.blogspot.com"}

{img height="240" alt="Spreader of Love Award" src="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2349/2089294199_2783d8f015_m.jpg" width="200" /}

{/a}


That is the code to install the award (of course you know to replace the { & } with the proper < & >

:)

No cheesecake afterall. No one confirmed before Friday so I made other plans :( Maybe next time. Hope you are feeling better Deb. Get Well.

Smoochies
B

9:28 AM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

ummmm I think some of that got cut off... email me at unityproject@gmail.com and I can email you the code.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am always in time and I am always angry with people who lates.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

December is a horrible month. Freezing cold. Dark. And on top of that bloody Xmas!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

tk....you mean I'm not the only one? Whew.

JD...I'm thinking the same thing...we'll make it every 5 years or so, just to stay in touch.

junky...I mailed your card to the address I have...hope you're still there. I actually have the Aero's packaged up...should I wait until you move or send em now to the same address?

bb...I forget that mascot. I'm going to google it - it can't be as bad as these homely creatures.

bd...well that sucks about the RSVP's/cancelled cheesecake. I'm sure there's a law about cancelled cheesecake?

I'll email you...thx

ropi...you sound just like my son, bless you prompt lil hearts.

gled...I'm starting to get my Christmas happy on. I love this time of year, it's just I'm not ready for it yet!!

PS...wish there was some way I could get an address for you. :(

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home