Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm kinda pissed.

On Facebook two "friends" sent me a stupid chain letter thingy that I totally didn't respond to because they are nonsense and I don't waste my time on them. They suggested that if I didn't forward the letter to 800 friends and bug them that bad luck would follow me. Well that was a couple of days ago and guess what??? IT'S FUCKING TRUE!!!!

Since I scoffed at the letters everything is going wrong. Some examples:

Linds and I had our fight.

Dad and I had "a moment". It was very strange and came without any warning...he was just momentarily "mean" and he's NEVER like that. It was weird and made me cry. It was like someone hijacked my Dad and put a monster in his place. But he's back now, so it's all good.

I broke my favorite Olympic wine glass (it had Coke in it).

I broke the lightswitch (by switching the light off too hard??!).

I saved Linds a beautiful plate of dinner in the fridge and told her not to eat out because I had it for her. I opened the fridge and it "ejected" right out, onto the floor and smashed. WTF???.

I almost mowed down an old lady in a crosswalk yesterday. REAL close...I felt so bad - didn't even see her.

And, my encore (ta-da).......

I smashed into a beautiful, shiney new SUV today that looked like it was worth about $50,000 and was just driven off the lot. Took the side molding right off. Pieces on the ground. The old tank Volvo only lost a chunk of the bumper, it mostly just wrecked the other vehicle, that was minding its own business and parked at the time.

I've been driving for 30 years accident free.

I don't know what happened. I just "wasn't there" for a minute. It's happening a lot lately. I actually think I'm suffering from PTS and have been pretty scattered - really quite depressed and disconnected. Which is why I'm flitting in and out of here. I'm in one of those "funks" I go through. Maybe booze will help.

Anyhow, more stuff has happened too, but you get the gist. It's been a monkey show around here.

Ho hum.

What's this life all about? Why are we here?

I really don't know anymore.

Fuck that stupid chain letter.

I will win.

Think I'll post a song that fits my mood now.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your collision. Are you okay?

It sounds like you could use a holiday, if you are recognizing that you are showing all the symptoms of stress. (Mostly it's just other people who recognize them.)

And for what it is worth, I am sure I am destined for about 7,500 years of bad luck for all the times I laugh as I hit the delete button on chain letters.

7:51 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

Sorry to hear about you clipping that Volvo
Its a stressful time of year and I hear ya about the disconection.

If you lived closer, I'd invite you for a girls night out

helps to keep things in perspective sometimes
and yes, the beer helps a tad

10:35 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm sorry to hear you've had a rubbish week, and the accident! I hope you are okay.

I think everyone has been a little scattered lately, tis the time of year. I hope things refocus for you :)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

That's it - you NEED cheesecake. HAHAHA

Let's hope that was your all your bad luck for a long time. Sounds like the stress of life is distracting you too much. You need cheesecake. hahaha

3:08 PM  
Blogger junky said...

SUV's generally explode into a million pieces like that even with a mild hit, I hope you drove off on the pompous ass.

Booze always helps.

That video clip is probably not from a union gig IATSE hates open flame on stage

8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should change your attitude. you should think to positive things and not to that stupid chain letter.

9:13 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

DO YOU EVER GET SAD IN THE WINTER?

8:21 AM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

You're ok.
I think maybe it was everyone else's deleted chain letters giving out bad luck around you and you got caught in the cross fire!
(collateral damage)
Hang in there. Stay home and booze yourself up one night. You may just have too much blood in your alcohol system.
Cheers!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Yeah, sorry to hear about your day. It's not the letter, though, just one of those things... ;-(

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What luck. Damn. Did you notify said SUV owner?

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home