Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Takin' The Plunge

I have been tagged by Barb and must post 7 random facts about myself or I will be dragged away by my hair and given 50 lashes with a whip. So I've gotta do it, as boring as mine are. Here goes nothin':

#1/ I can throw a spiral better than most guys I know. It comes from years of playing football with my Dad/brother/guy friends. Every time - a perfect spiral, right on the money. No shit.

#2/ I have had verbal altercations with both Pat Quinn and Pavel Bure (both were quite friendly). Pat's was after I'd unknowingly butt in front of him in a line up and he called me out on it. I loved it. And I made him sign an autograph for me in the deal.

My moment with Pavel happened after I saw him leave the rink after a Canuck's practice and brush off the kids who'd been waiting an hour for his autograph. I followed him to his car and, as he opened the door, I stood in the way and told him I wouldn't move until he went back and signed stuff for the kids. He did. :) I win. (Nice car he had)

#3/ I rarely sleep more than 5 hours a night. Last night it was 4. One day I'm sure I'll just drop.

#4/ I cry easily. Music. Sad stories. TV commercials (yes, it's true). I'm talking cereal commercials. I cried today when Linds showed me her report card.

#5/ I once drove to Penticton (a 4-5 hour drive) through mountain passes and winding, cliff highways without actually ever touching the steering wheel. I sat in the driver's seat and worked the pedals, eyes closed, scared as hell. My friend, Brian, "steered" from the passenger seat of my Chevy Nova (the entire way). The deal was this - we wanted to go up there and meet friends and:

a) he didn't have a license
b) I didn't have the guts to do the driving because I'm terrified of heights

Really dumb. I wouldn't advise it.

#6/ I was not your typical "bride". An hour and a half before my wedding I was suntanning in my parent's back yard and was not the least bit nervous or "panicked". My bridesmaids were freaking out and really sweating the "countdown" - me, not so much. And, after the ceremony (and before the reception) I was starving, so I made my ex take me through the McDonald's drive through (in my dress) and get me some fries. I then spilled ketchup all over myself (before the pictures in the garden had been taken). Oh well, I tried. That night, I spent my wedding night alone, as my ex partied all night at my cousin's house. What a tool.

#7/ I can't stand the sound/feel of silky scarves or pantyhose rubbing on me or together. It's like nails on a chalkboad to me and I don't really know why.

So that's it....totally boring. I know I had something better, I must've. But my brain's on overload - an example of this...today, when a customer bought $8 worth of lottery tickets I gave them to him, thanked him and proceeded to take eight bucks out of the till and give it to him. One of those days. I don't think I'm getting enough sleep.

Anyhow, I forget how many people I'm supposed to tag, so I'm winging it. You're up now:

1. whitenoise
2. jim dandy
3. junky
4. gled
5. tk

Oh, and because I don't play by the rules, here's #8:

I am a grunger at heart. A girl of the 90's. Always will be - that is my music and is "home" to me. This is one of my favorite songs (although it sounds like crap here and, to do it any justice, you must listen to it loud, on a good stereo of some sort. And the end is the best part, so see it through. And plug your ears because I'm singing. Loud.)


ah, hell, I'm on a roll.....

14 Comments:

Blogger Deth Bleedly said...

i want to know where you got the super model to jump off the bridge!!!

4:08 AM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

OH NO, I"M IT?
hahaha, I will get on that soon!
Also have to say we are so much alike in the music department. (I do have SUB POP license plates on my car)
Thanx for the Mother Love Bone video.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

I love the autograph stories... ;-)

The driving to Penticton things was scary.

ketchup on your dress! Deb, Deb, Deb... ;-)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I love you, Deb, you are so wonderfully weird. Thanks for being such a good sport and playing along.

I get the willies just thinking about the Penticton drive thing! That is just NUTS! I can't do that for one block.

Love the wedding story. Mine was really laid back too. I realized that afternoon I only had shitty shoes to wear, but didn't much care.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

OK... 2morrow...

number five sounds seriously scarey!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Tea N. Crumpet said...

One of my daughters feels that way about silky things. She also hates velvet.

I thought we were supposed to do eight things about ourselves. Hmmmm.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Grunge: Happy Thanksgiving...

8:28 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

deth...well it was many moons ago now. Oh, the things we do.

jd...well the SUB POP plates I love. Now, if you want something very scary/depressing, check out Paul Anka's cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit". There should be a law....

w/n...The Penticton thing was ridiculously stupid and I shudder to think of some of the things I've done. The ketchup thing didn't even stress me out...my attitude that day - "whatever". Maybe somehow I sensed that things wouldn't last anyhow?

Barb...thank you, the feeling's mutual. And you just reminded me of my crappy wedding shoes. I remember thinking, "oh well, they're under my dress anyhow". When I see brides to be fussing over every detail, I kind of just don't get it. Especially when huge $$ are involved.

gled...5 was scary - even at the time. Although I was wild and crazy, I usually kept a level head. This was one example of when that went right out the window and I did something that could've had a bad ending.

tea n'...welcome aboard. Velvet too eh?...I'm o.k. with velvet, but the silky, chiffon stuff should be banned! I saw another one that asked for 8 too and initially double checked to make sure I had it right. I guess there are two different ones making the rounds?

busterp...you mean happy football don't you? ;)
Enjoy.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

HAHAHA whipping avoided. And it was 8 things you were supposed to post... you are so silly.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Barbara Doduk said...

I am on crack. That is too funny. I had the same type of MeMe on my blog about 8 things... I thought I'd tagged you! That is what those blog STDs (Meme Tags) do! Make you feel like you are crack!

So anyway, disregard my previous crackhead comment.

12:33 PM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Deb, that was not boring at all, I loved it!!!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you have met with Pat Quinn. I envy you.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Right I'm going to post those tag answers in my 2nite post #2...

one query: why has that bloke below in the hospital gown got his arse hanging out? Is he American?

9:53 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Hey I done the tag now!!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home