Monday, February 25, 2008

I think I'm turning the corner on bad luck and misfortune (yes, I'm knocking on wood). Nothing significant has happened, just little things that seem to be making for a more positive experience.

Maybe it's the weather? I'm one of those people who really likes the sun and it affects my mood. I am totally energized by it and it's been nice all week and I'm feeling it. I'm back to my riding and my soul searching jaunts to the river. I've been up there every day for the past couple of days and it really lifts my spirits.

I learned that we have a new president on our strata council and it just so happens to be my best friend in the complex...he approached me today to say he's not going to let my case die and that he's going to bat for me in April (re my reno's). Yea. That works.

Neither of us attended the recent AGM (the one that had him elected)...we both have zero faith in anything that takes place there and feel it's a big waste of time to go. So he was completely caught off guard to learn he'd been appointed strata president. Do I need to call him sir now?

Anyhow, more good stuff....today when I went into work my boss was there before me and was in an unusually good mood and being extra nice to me (that rarely happens...she's got quite a reputation as a cold, hard woman). Anyhow, she left me my paycheque and when I opened it there was an extra couple hundred bucks cash with it, with a letter stating how much she appreciates my loyalty and hard work. Wow. That floored me. I'm spending the dough on Matt Good tickets for all of us!! And I'll even have enough left over to buy some new (much needed) runners and workout clothes.

My horoscope (the one that I read faithfully that's bang on) has been hinting at feeling better and taking care of business. Could it be true?

Dad got a bit of a reprieve today too, as we learned that the infection he's had is all cleared up and he's fit enough to go ahead with a procedure on March 18 to see what's showing up where his cancer was. I know it'll be o.k. So let's get this over with already.

Maybe this is it?....maybe the black cloud is finally lifting. I got sidetracked on the way to Dad's today and drove by this fence. Now if something like this doesn't make you smile, I don't know what can? It was done with styrofoam cups stuck in a chain link fence at the golf course. And I'm quite sure that it was done especially for me, because today is the start of my new, happy life. A sign.

Now, if we could only get Brad Richards in the NHL trades tomorrow, I'd know my horoscope wasn't lying.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Good on ya, Deb. Glad to see you in better spirits. :-)

3:38 AM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

Are you sure those were Styrofoam cups and not...maybe...magic cones?
haha, glad we're feeling better!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

sweet glad to hear your feeling better and hope all will be well with your dad, thanks for stopping by

4:42 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

w/n...thanks. You'd be part of that spirit lifting stuff. ;)

jim dandy...oh my God, you just made me laugh cider outta my nose (and then a double whammy...I accidentally typo'd "hose" instead of nose the first go around).

eddie...thanks friend...was good to "see" you again.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm so glad to hear all your good news. Here's hoping that it keeps getting better and better all the time.

That fence is the best thing I have seen all week!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I hope your Dad continues to get better and better... seagulls: my favourite birds. Get to fly all day with barely a beat of the wings and lots and lots of fish to eat ~ yumm!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Phaedra said...

that is the signs of all 'signs'....it made me smile...enjoy your weekend Deb!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

I'm sure the sign didn't come out last time I came by (these computers are DUFF man they barely work I had to change machines FIVE TIMES this morning just to get one that didn't crash on me...)... what a sign ~~ haha!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

gled....I like them too. And those wretched crows. Love 'em.

Phaedra...hey, glad you dropped by. Great sign, isn't it? Someone was very creative and it just couldn't be ignored!

gled....sometimes things don't load properly...especially pics.

:)

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home