Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today has been one fuck of a terrible day already. And it's just past noon.

And, honestly, I'm ready to give up (but I can't, because I have kids who need me here).

Several things are beating me into the ground lately (which is partially the reason I haven't been "visiting" people as much as usual). First of all, the MF lawsuit by an asshole who's suing my Dad (for a minor fender bender that he's claimed, two years to the day after the fact, he's seriously injured as a result of), is taking a toll on us. I've gathered info and have been running around like Magnum fucking PI to get it all together. Although ICBC's abandoned us, citing a breach of my Dad's insurance contract (my brother was driving), they're still empathetic and "interested" in what I have. So that's been a bitch of a job, after my real job that is. I put everything together and went to print it all up at the library the other night, only to find my library card is lost and I couldn't do it. I replaced it today and I think I've finally got my "package" of photos, info, etc. ready to mail today. The info I've gathered includes this stuff....the bastard who's suing has (since the accident):

-kayaked
-made golf dates
-attended bonfire parties and dinner dates
-voluntarily flown down to Florida to help police in a stolen computer case (he bought a second hand laptop on Ebay and found unauthorized programs on it, so alerted police and was heroic in his actions to help them crack the case). Amazing what injured people can do when they want to.
-travelled with his new wife on weekend getaways
-planned and carried out his (big, fancy) wedding
-bought a new condo and moved into it a couple of weeks ago (it's really nice...he's posted pictures of it)
-thrown an (advertised on Facebook) housewarming bash for himself....lots of drinks, food, entertainment and even a tour of the new place (that he's probably planning on paying for with Dad's $$)
-befriended a Kleins Lyons ("have you been injured in a car accident?") lawyer, who he lined up in his first new home and who now owes him a return favor. Coincidentally, that's the lawyer he's "hired" in his suit.
-started several websites, including his Real Estate pages that document his continued growth/success over the past couple of years. He's doing well.
-organized Christmas parties and other events as the "Sergeant at Arms" of the Rotary Club in his area. Pictures look great...he's smiling, awarding prize bottles of wine to participants of events, etc.
-Aligned himself politically and has recently started on his campaign to be elected to the Vancouver Parks Board.

Amazing the strength and energy a seriously injured man can muster up when he really wants to, isn't it? The only thing is that all the info. I've collected has been from the internet, some undated. But I hope it helps in our case to expose him as a fucking fraud.

Anyhow, then I got a letter from the people who enforce child support payments here (who I cut ties with some time ago, because I didn't agree with their practices or policies). K and I have a good arrangement, based on mutual respect and trust. He's always paid me directly and, although the money often comes in late, has never missed payment. So when I was informed (today) that he'd owed me interest, I said I didn't care/nor want it. They said that was good because when I closed my case I had to collect it then (or never). No one told me that....yet, here they are, nearly 9 months after I closed my case, telling me that they still want money from him. The kicker - not for ME, because I had to wait for payment sometimes. No, no, no....THEY have accumulated what they refer to as "default fees" and want a significant sum of money from him FOR THEM. I called and they refused to comment on my case without my PIN #. I closed my case 9 months ago and have long forgotten the number. But I told them that I absolutely forbid them to use my name in order to collect money from the ex. That any "late" fees had been waived by me and why the fuck should they profit from me going without my cash???? They never had to do anything on my behalf during my involvement with them....K & I did our own business and I simply reported a payment when I'd receive one. And they want to cash in on the late ones. What's wrong with this picture? Tamara actually hung up on me when I challenged her on why it's taken them 9 months to "finalize" my case. Why stir the pot?....K's happy, I'm happy. But K won't be happy when they ding him with a $1200 bill. And I'm not either.

When I demanded that I wanted the interest "owed" to me, they said I forfeited it when I closed my case. It was recommended to me (by one of their workers) that I close my case and she never mentioned any of this at the time. I feel that she had the responsibility to and damn it if anyone's going to squeeze money out of someone and sign my name on the ransom note. F.U.C.K. I don't need this headache and it's going to stir up a whole bunch of shit with K and I.

But here's the real knife in the heart that makes this other stuff meaningless.

And excuse me if I cry (I just did).

Dad.

Bad news today from the doc.

Looks like we're starting all over again, from square one.

Has an emergency hospital procedure scheduled (Mar. 18). "Something's" showing up (two red spots) where his cancer was and, by the doctor's frantic actions (he had him go directly for testing), it's not looking good. They've already told him that, if the cancer's comes back, surgery's not an option again. He just phoned me, distraught and overwhelmed. Fuck, fuck and fuck.
He's also got a severe infection (I think he picked it up in hospital again last time he was in there...has had it since) and apparently his blood test levels were way out of whack.

I quit.

(and I'm not editing because I don't care if it makes sense....I just wanted you all to know why my involvement here may be a little erractic again. I'm having a glass of wine now, before I go to work. Fucking fuckaluckaduck. I'm going to kick a rock now)

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope they are able to find more answers with the next surgery. Hang in there. Thinking about you and sending positive thoughts in your direction.

Big hug!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks al...feeling really tired of the whole deal. Just want things to coast on easy for awhile. But it ain't to be.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh no, Deb, I'm so sorry. Your dad has been through so much in the past few years, and of course you have as well. I hope that the infection can be cleared up quickly so that he can deal with one thing only, at least. My heart goes out to you guys.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Deb, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I hope it works out okay. I know you'll make it through the lawsuit okay. You're a fighter, a survivor. If I was ever in any sort of trouble, I'd want you in my corner. Best wishes.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. Wish life would coast on easy for you for awhile. Don't quit. Please take care of yourself.

8:14 AM  
Blogger TK Kerouac said...

Hugs Deb, so sorry to hear about your dad,
you need a spa day!

3:03 PM  
Blogger 668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

oh, man, sorry to hear about your dad.

and all that other crap as well.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home