Monday, February 04, 2008


So here I was, sitting watching the Superbowl thinking "boring" and that the Grey Cup's become way more exciting when the last few minutes had me change my mind on that.

What a roller coaster ride!....first New England scores with mere minutes left on the clock and I'm quite sure it had them all secretly celebrating inside. But, like they say, "it ain't over 'till it's over" and then it was Eli's turn. I didn't think he'd do it...that's some kind of pressure. But I'll be damned if the Giants didn't drive down the field to snatch the undefeated season right out from under the Patriot's noses. Wow, what a finish. With 35 seconds left in the game Eli connects with Plaxico Burress in the endzone to wipe out the perfect record and render it meaningless.

Back to back wins for the Manning boys (both the Super Bowl and MVP honors)....hope they've got a big trophy case.

Mixed feelings on this one. Anyone else catch it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Deb. It was awesome. (At least I thought so - Aimers and Clinty snoozed on the couch while I watched it with the pets.)

I don't dislike NE but had picked the Giants to win. They were playing real good at the end of the season and had almost beat NE in the last game of the season. Plus the Giants had won something like 10 straight away games.

When Eli completed that last pass I yelled loud enough to wake the sleeping beauties up. Ha. It worked out anyway, they wanted to watch House after the game.

Which commerical did you like best? Justin was good. And I liked that creepy little talking baby with the big eyes (creepy only because he talked). And the Bud one where the guy singed the cat with his fire breath even though drinking beer and fire have nothing to do with each other.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

That's the spirit - yelling and waking people up.

You know, I didn't see ANY of those commercials...I don't think we get the same ones. I feel so ripped off. I bet I can YouTube them. :)

I'll get back to you on that.

Glad you enjoyed the game....me too. Apparently it had the biggest viewing audience ever (something like 97 million).

5:27 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

my oldest son and I watched it. We're not football fans, but this game held us mesmerized. Somewhere after about the first quarter we decided that we were NY fans. The last 2 minutes we were on the edge of our seats... Great game!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I watched the halftime show, even though we don't get any of the good commercials.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

junky...I'm pretty sure you're not alone in that thinking.

whitenoise...glad you guys caught it...FFFL (football fans for life) now?

Barb...you're so cool. I knew you'd find it a good reason to eat snacks and stay in. ;)

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home