Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's not a great week (again?).

The toothache I had not long ago (that I went to the dentist for last week) is worse than ever...they tortured me for nothing. Or maybe just their own entertainment, who knows. And I'm not the easiest person to get in to a dentist, yet I find myself in so much pain that I've booked another appointment for Monday. They actually could've squeezed me in today but I needed to "think" about it - o.k., thought about it..."NO". Too soon.

My dentist (God bless his soul) was a gentle man. He spoke softly and lulled me into a false sense of calm before he gouged my gums out. And he's gone now. Retired. I guess he finally made enough money off me to head to the ski chalet for good. The new gal replacing him...not so much (good). She gets in there like she's trying to scrape hardened food off an old pot and thank God I was frozen because I could see her gritting her teeth and sweating as she chipped away at my poor tooth. At one point one of the instruments slipped and I could tell she was a little freaked out over it...I never felt a thing at the time. But I sure as hell do now.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt...she's young and new. And she's never touching my fucking mouth again. EVER.

So when they tried to book me with her again I politely declined - if throwing a chair and screaming "FUCK NO!!!!" is how you do that.

She said I floss so hard/much that my gums have been pulled down between my tooth in one spot. Make up your mind...I thought flossing made me perfect. Apparently too much of a good thing is bad.

Anyhow, I insisted on getting a second opinion and am booked Monday with someone else. Until then I've been popping T-3's before work (they don't do shit) and I just decided that I'm medicating myself with red wine until I see the dentist. I popped over to my mum-in-laws and she donated a bottle to me (we sampled it first...and some sherry). So if my posts/comments don't make sense over the next few days, it's because I'm drunk as hell.

And it's snowing again. Bullshit.

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Everyone thinks I'm mad because I enjoy the dentist. I like the scrapping - feels clean afterwards.

Hope you can get the issue resolved without any more pain!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

i feel your pain... the dentist is my mortal enemy...

7:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my god.

Tuesday I had a tooth that was aching so bad I had to call my dentist for some antibiotics. After a couple, it's already feeling better...

I have a cleaning set up for this Friday on top of the above problems.

I go every 6 months - perfect timing for this post.

We got about 10 - 12 inches. Any you?

7:39 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Teeth are like backs, in that when they hurt, it's hard to think of anything else. I hope the red wine does the trick for you over the weekend. Of course now the dentist is going to give you shit for having wien-stained teeth.

Hope all goes well.

9:33 AM  
Blogger junky said...

Deb, do our lives run in some sort of freaky star trek like parallel?
I went 2 weeks ago with extreme pain on a temp crown on the left side, found out my temporary insurance from my union wouldn't cover it, so got antibiotics and Vicodin, went back today found out even with my brand spanking new insurance they wanted me to pay a little more than 1k for one crown(seems I picked too fou fou of a dentist). So I hit him up for stronger antibiotics and more Vicodin because the right temp crown is killing me terrible pain. But now I'm higher than hell and don't care....go me. :)

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't do to many T3's...or you really wont do shit...too much codeine...constipating

11:13 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Allison...you're nuts - plain and simple (but I love ya anyhow). And much tougher than me. I'd rather have someone drag me behind a car on a gravel road than go to the dentist.

slyde...welcome! I hear ya - dentists are evil.

busterp...you too huh? I think I should've gone right back in and got some antibiotics too. Monday can't come soon enough (and they made me laugh at the dentist's office when they called me back to ask if they could do my cleaning when I come in on Monday. I said only if I can arrive drunk and sleep in the chair as they do it

Barb...wine didn't do much. Advil actually helped more than the T-3's so I'm sticking with them for now.

junky....H-E-L-P!!!! I think someone should just shoot us both and put us out of our misery. It's been a bad year for us.

kelly....oooh, that's good advice - I didn't know that. So you're saying stick to the booze?

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home