Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm pleased that my favorite comedian, Russell Peters, will be hosting this year's Juno Awards. Now some people might find him offensive, as his comedy tends to really focus on racial stereotypes (and he uses some colorful descriptions). But he plays no favorites and also tends to focus on his own heritage most of all (which is my favorite stuff) and, personally, I find him hilarious. Check out some of his stuff for an idea of who he is, if you don't already know.....


And in other Juno news.....Matt Good's Hospital Music is nominated for ROCK ALBUM OF THE YEAR , which should be a no brainer. Matt's up against Finger Eleven, Pride Tiger, Sum 41 and The Saint Alvia Cartel. Rumor has it that Mr. Good may even attend the event, which isn't something he's previously done (based on his feelings that musicians shouldn't "compete" with one another and that awards shows are less to do with acknowledging good work than they are a popularity contest...or something like that). Anyhow, if he participates it'll be worth watching for sure.

I'm heading to the track, so will put up a song from HM when I return...have a nice day friends.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I heart Russell Peters too. So funny! :)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Russell Peters is pretty hilarious.

I'm really surprised that Matty is planning to attend the Junos. But what crappy competition he is up against.

Maybe I should ask him over for supper.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Al...me too. I'm glad to see him getting the success he deserves (and I hope he has some new material soon!).

Barb...he's supposedly considering it (and asked for input on his blog?!). Yes, I think you should. And then could you tie him up, put him in a box and mail him to me?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Funny guy. Never heard of him before, but will have to watch out for his show.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

You should check out some other stuff w/n...the stuff on "beating your kids" is pretty good. Doesn't sound good, but is funny as hell.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home