Tuesday, February 19, 2008

O.K., I'm going to talk about two things that I love more than anything else in the world (other than my family. And animals. And, o.k., maybe chocolate). Hockey & music.

First of all, I'm proud of my boys. Although they've just gone through a bit of a slump, I never gave up on them or said they sucked (like those other bandwagoners). I saw that they were getting bad bounces but were still playing hard, so I stuck it out with them. And I knew that they'd get back on track...when you play hard it eventually starts to go right again. I like the effort they're giving me. Burrows is quickly becoming my favorite....he puts up with no crap and reminds me of Gelinas when he used to play with us - full of grit and determination. Nazzy's picking up the pace. Anyhow, enough about my team. They rock and that's that. (We beat the Wild in OT tonight. Bunch of boobirds.) Anyhow, see ya come playoff time.

Second topic tonight - music. My favorite rock/folk/ultra cool hero, Matthew Good, is going to be touring a lot this year. First he's doing his acoustic stuff in the US (we already had our turn here in Canada, remember?). Any of you that are southside should try and get out to a show - I highly recommend it (Junky, he's playing Seattle). Well worth taking in and I'm providing a link to his site (below) that also has show dates posted.

Finally, the really good news....when he's done with the acoustic tour, Matt's going back out with a band!! That's big news - I haven't seen him with a band and, as much as I love his bare bones stuff, I need to feel the power. When I first started listening to his music (back in 1995?), it was "the Matthew Good Band" and some of those songs just need to be plugged in. Can hardly wait - here's a sample (or two) of some of his stuff.


Oh and I almost forgot...last (but not least), I'm frickin' pleased as punch to be named the "Featured Community Member" over on Matthew's site this month (I can't link you directly there because you have to be registered to see "The Hub" in the community section. Go over and sign up, it's a great site and I'm sure you'll become a regular too) . I contribute a lot of my shitty photos on the site (and some good ones that I steal from Linds). I also never shut up over there (duh, you know me by know), so I guess I got noticed for that. Anyhow, I'm honored as hell to be associated with a site I love.

I almost forgot...another thing (it's hockey related, so it counts). The mini goalie sticks are available at McPuke's here and I was one of the lucky few who managed to get a Luongo stick before the guys that make kids cry cause they can't get one scalpers snapped them all up (they're selling on Craigslist for $100 each!!! I paid $2.69). They sold out as fast as they got them and no, you can't have mine. Anyhow, this is the commercial for them....I love it.

4 Comments:

Blogger junky said...

I've got 2 words for Matt Good
Jeff Fuckin' Tweedy.
Kidding I actually have never heard any Matt Good songs.
I'll go "scrounge around" and get some.
How are my Wings? It's hard to keep up out here, should have ordered the hockey package.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Your Wings are kinda sucking...they lost a whole bunch in a row and I think my team's grandma's beat them.

My team was pretty bad for a minute there too, but they also were having some bad puck luck. They're back battling it out again.

12:31 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Deb! You wanna come see Juno with me tonight or Thursday night????? I felt like crap last night, so I didn't end up going. Call me if you got my cell number k *HUG*

7:48 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Matt's going back out with a band? Excellent! You really need to see his full band shows - they rock awesomely!

ANd congrats on becoming one of Matty's bffs!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home