Wednesday, November 15, 2006

El Descamisado - Summer Salt

I really like this guy. I heard of him over at GaySpace (which I love, by the way - sorry Alana) and my favorite song by him is called Oak Creek Angels. Quite simply, it makes me cry. This is an excerpt taken from his MySpace blog, which explains why I think he's so fantastic (besides the fact that I think his music is great). From Dave's blog:


"Oak Creek Angels" is now available as a charity download

A short while ago I came across a MySpace profile called "Rafiki's Children", which is a charity organisation raising money for orphans of Aids victims in Africa.

On the profile I read that the UK effort to raise money for this cause was organised by one person, a lady called Sian Fairlie. The idea that one person COULD help to make a difference to many of the most vulnerable people on earth, affected me deeply.

A short while afterwards Sian contacted me to ask if I would be willing to help raise money by donating a song as a charity download. Initially I offered to write and record something especially for the charity, but since Sian's personal favourite was the song "Oak Creek Angels", and since it has been my most popular song on MySpace, I chose to donate it to this very worthy cause.

The song will remain as part of my cd, from which I will also donating a percentage of proceeds. At present it is not available for download anywhere else, so if you like it, there is only one place you can get it! As long as "Rafiki's Children" wish to use it I will do my best to ensure that it is not available for download elsewhere.

At this point I would like to point out that I have given this song to "Rafiki's Children" for free. I am not looking to gain money or recognition for this. I am doing this 100% to raise money for this charity, not to further my musical career.

I don't wish to sound rude, but I would also prefer it if everyone could refrain fom commenting or messaging me on this subject, because I do not wish to appear to be promoting myself, or looking for any kind of praise. I prefer to live by the addage "don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing", something which normally only occurs if I've been on the whisky :) Therefore your next click should be on one of the links below!

I know that Sian, and the children who will benefit from a better life will greatly appreciate any support you can give, whether it be financially or by promoting their cause.

Thankyou

Dave

Go check out the song (My Space Music - El Descamisado) and let me know what you think. (You know me and links - we won't go there...literally). It's well worth the effort to do so.

6 Comments:

Blogger Toccata said...

I haven't tried the whole linking in the blog thing yet either. I will definitely go and check out their song and get back to you.

Hope your voice is back in good form for the weekend cheering that lays ahead. Well, now that a week has passed I'm ready to play turncoat and give the Lions a cheer.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wahoo...we'll cheer together. The voice is almost back...if I'd shut up for five minutes it might have a chance. That's a tough one for me. The linking thing intimidates me. I'm scared that *POOF*, things will disappear.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

The song you have on video is lovely. I've never heard of this dude, but he sounds like a stand up guy.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I actually prefer the other song. But this was the only one available - it's nice too, but the other one just hit me in the gut. Maybe it's the timing - it's a beautiful, meaningful song. Please go hear it...you'll love it (that's a promise!).

3:50 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

That's a great cause Deb, going to go and listen now.

5:08 AM  
Blogger El Descamisado said...

Hi Deb :)

One Of my friends linked me to your page. I signed up for an account just so that I could say thankyou in person!

On MySpace there is an inherent narcissism which often appears to be linked to the "i love your music comments", sometimes it really means "i love your music, now comment me back, so that everyone can see just how popular I am!" Haha!

So thankyou for showing appreciation of my music anonymously, I am very grateful, and it reassures me that I am somewhere along the right track.

My profile on here is pretty sparse, but no doubt I'll be blogging soon!

Take care,

Dave

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home