Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I Give Up

O.K., as much as I want to be positive and cheery, the final nail's in the coffin tonight.I'm trying to think of the good things in life right now, what are they again?....oh yeah, Mom and Dad are currently "stable" and I have great kids.

But the sewer back up in the downstairs bathroom that's only half finished sealed the deal for me today...I give up. I must've been a mass murderer in another life and now I'm being punished, daily, every single day. I had a couple of other fairly significant "blips" today, I won't even go there. But I arrived home from work and blamed Ty for the awful, bathroomy smell wafting through the place. And, being a 19 year old male, he shrugged, accepted it and offered no argument. But it wasn't him - it was the sewer. I called the property manager, who's a few bricks short of a load, who suggested I cover the hole in the floor where the toilet was with saran wrap and put something heavy on it. "No" I said, "get someone the hell out here to deal with it PROPERLY. Saran wrap's not a good plumbing solution as far as I'm concerned.

The plumber "snaked" the massive clog, which he reported was caused by "reno" material, jammed in there. Apparently the assholes redoing the bathroom decided the toilet drain could double as a garbage disposal, meaning they didn't have to cart debris away. Geniuses. They'll be a sorry lot if they try and get back in here again...I'll chase them out with the plunger. And a hammer. And I mean it.

After this plumber had unclogged everything (it took 45 feet of snake), he splattered the entire neighbourhood's shit all over my recently put up drywall that's not even painted yet. Then he blobbed it all over the floor and walked through it, just for good measure. Holy shit, I can't take this! (Oh, I just realized the appropriateness of that statement).

Despite the fact that I'd told Einstein (the property manager) that there's no light down there because the electrical stuff is unhooked for the reno's, he forgot to tell the plumber, who forgot to bring any source of light. I had my cute little flashlight that he "borrowed", smearing his crap gloves all over it. I'm going to have dreams of shitballs falling out of clouds tonight, I know I am. And everything smells like shit right now. Coffee. The vaccum bag. Me. It probably splattered on me, but I was too busy bleeding to notice. Oh, that details coming up.

I was going to blog pictures (not of the crap...I'd spare you that). But I'm just too disgruntled and tired right now to touch my camera. Besides, I don't want it to smell like....you guessed it....shit. I also noticed that I'd gashed my knee open somehow while I was helping the Shit King downstairs and blood was running down my leg. Just for special effects. I'm like a horror movie right now, "Bleeding, Smelly Shit Zombie". The excessive use of the word shit is necessary to hammer the point home. I wish this were a scratch and sniff blog. No I don't.

Linds asked if we're gonna' get rabies. I don't know. With the way things are going, my guess would be probably. After the Plague.

Night all, sweet dreams.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to skip blogs till I got some work done. But, bloglines showed that you had an update so here I am.

Nothing like a morning cup of coffee and a plugged sewer story. Ha.

Visually, I can SEE that drywall. Can you ever clean it enough? The flashlight? Time for a replacement.

Your previous life? I'd guess Lizzy Borden.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks busterp, for providing a much needed morning laugh. Definitely, there's no bleach strong enough to get the job done...this vision will forever be with me. The crummy part is that it's a half done bathroom and instead of feeling like I have a nice "new" bathroom when it's finished, it'll now always be tainted to me.

So much has gone wrong in this place lately that I'm in the "have to laugh" stage...I feel like a chronic complainer but I really can't stop this wheel of mishaps that we're recently encountering.

Well, coffee time before I see what today's agenda will be.....

8:42 AM  
Blogger mellowlee said...

Omg, Im so sorry Deb! :(
Buster, what in the world is bloglines???

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home