Friday, January 05, 2007

It's On!!

Canada's junior hockey team takes on Russia today (10:30 a.m. PST) in the gold medal match. This will be the third time in three years that the two teams have battled for gold....it appears we have the upperhand, as we've taken the last two. Let's see if we can make it three in a row. Our defense will be a key factor, as has been the case in the tournament to date. It's been a low scoring one so far this year (15 goals) and, as a matter of fact, the last time Canada scored so few goals in the tourney I believe they placed about 8th. So, if you're just waking up and sipping your morning coffee, may I suggest you throw on your red & white, paint your face and join in the fun. Go Canada!!!.

(And, in unrelated news, Mom's situation had drastically changed last night and she was really in good spirits, loving the facility, doing well, etc. I went up last night and was completely impressed with what I saw so, perhaps, my first impression was tainted by my nervousness and anxiety about moving her. She'll be receiving further testing on Thursday at the cancer agency, at which time we'll start making a game plan. Again, thanks for the continued support with this.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is feeling better about her situation and that you are as well. I hope that first nasty experience will never be repeated.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Toccata said...

I'm relieved to hear your mom is feeling better and you are feeling better about her situation.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home