Monday, February 19, 2007

Just a "hello" before I'm off to work. Hockey talk - my boys are on a roll. Although they were somewhat outplayed in the beginning of the game, they managed to pull together a win against the Av's. I miss Brad May, he had heart. He was the one that put together the big charity game during the lockout (where half the guys got quite "tipsy" afterward, it was entertaining, to say the least). We met Gilbert Brule that night...what a great kid he is. Anyhow, Mom's quite funny when it comes to the Canucks. I may have already told you this, whatever. She kept asking me who my favorite Canuck was ("Linden"). I repeatedly answered and then said, "who's yours Mom?". She thought for a minute and then said "TREVOR", like she was on a first name basis with him, overruling me. It was cute.

Montreal ruined my Toto picks...they won the wrong game. Oh well, this week's another week.

It's pouring rain here - I don't mind working when it's like this. We'll see about later in the day...I did a pretty good workout yesterday so I imagine I'll be sore later. I used to focus more on cardio but yesterday I did a lot of toning/weights/ab work. So far I can still move - I hope all the stretching saves me.

Nothing exciting from this end. We are going to Tenacious D at the Queen E tomorrow night - I took the day off. Linds is wearing a shirt that says "This is not the greatest shirt in the world" (front)..."this is just a tribute" (back). I think they may steal our idea and market them. Found this someplace. I think we all could've used this department at some point in our dealings with others in the workplace, don't you?

Have a good Monday y'all.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright Debs... it's only 10:20pm feels incredibly late though... that sign you pictured I don't get it... did the sign say that literally because someone had tampered with it? Or did someone tamper with the photo? Or was the sign supposed to say that... I am very slow when it comes to these things....

2:19 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

My friend Ruth is doing a sponsored comments thing... if she gets 100 comments then £50 goes to a cancer charity. If you're interested the place to comment is http://ruth-boofie.blogspot.com

3:21 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

gled...I'm not quite sure on the sign...Mr. Lahey/Randy are from a TV show here and I'm not sure which applies - an altered photo/sign. Once there was an athletic store on our corner and during the night kids swapped letters on the sign to read

"SHIT TARTS .10 EACH". We did a double take as we drove by.

I'll head over to Ruth's now.

3:29 PM  
Blogger RUTH said...

Thanks for the comment Debs. Just bought Tenacious D The Complete Master Works for my daughter for her birthday; as we are both! fans.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm really excited about the show. It's a great venue too!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Great shirt! You guys are going to have such a blast. I hope you get asked up on stage to show off your shirts.

Eva tried to change a rec centre sign from Bantam Hockey to Batman Hockey once but never got the opportunity.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Barbara...that would be a great switch. I love stuff like that (my little mind).

I've passed on a shirt for tomorrow, opting to make it Lind's moment. Wait, that didn't come out right, did it? Let me rephrase - I won't be wearing that particular shirt. They cost $35 each to make...I think my old stuff will just have to do.

7:51 PM  
Blogger junky said...

The Wings will be around to put the hurt on your 'nucks, come play off time don't you worry.

8:01 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Sounds like you have a cute relationship with your mom Debs, good for you!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

junky....it's on. you're goin' down.

tracey...we really do. she's a sweetheart, but she's also quick to put me in my place!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home