Tuesday, March 06, 2007

High Class In Borrowed Shoes

I love high heels...always have. That being said, I only choose ones that are comfortable and if I can't play soccer in them, I don't buy them. There's nothing worse than being out and feeling like you have knives strapped onto the bottoms of your soles and you'll die if you have to take one more step. When I was young (and foolish) I had a pair of 7" stilettos that tried to murder me on a daily basis...by the end of most nights I was carrying them. But hey, they looked hot......

Today, when I was in the throws of my insanity and rushing around, two women entered the crosswalk in front of me, forcing me to stop and wait for them. And oh my, what a show. One entered the crosswalk, the other attempted to. She would've looked very nice if she'd just been standing there....unfortunately she had to walk and that blew the entire image and it quickly went from Vogue to Barnum and Bailey. She was staggering like a drunk, as the heels were too much for her to handle. I sat, grinning to myself, as she tried to navigate her footwear from one side of the street to the other. Have you ever seen a tightrope walker? Pretty much summed things up. Ladies, if you can't get from the curb to the street then you're probably not in footwear - they're called stilts at this point. Please, do yourself (and others waiting for you to cross the street) a favor...buy shoes that you can actually operate. Or have the common courtesy to do what I used to do, pull those suckers off and run across the street in your stockings. It's the only way.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Well some people may not be able to walk in heels (myself being one of them) but somebody can sure label the hell out of blogger.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

You inspired me Barb :)

I'm having fun, what can I say?

8:29 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I've only just recently (somewhat) mastered the high heel walk...but they have to be a chunky heel, none of this needle thin crap. And I agree, fab label.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I only wear them when doing the town now (which ain't too often, I'll tell ya). Too much risk involved.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

high heels......niceeeeeeeee

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love heels. I really admire the people who can carry it off well. I really don do a great job with these heels. Hope to master it sometime soon!!Emmie

4:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Daughter Amy has all the boots you could wish for. I always fear for her ankles. She broke both at different times in sports.

Loved the from vogue to Barnum B. comment. Well done!!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sebastien Millon said...

Deb, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment :) I hope everything will be ok with your mom, these sorts of things are always hard.

High heels, good lord, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that!

They look hot, but only if the wearer knows how to walk... I like the chunky heels, don't know what they're called, but those are cool.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home