Saturday, April 21, 2007


Wow, suddenly my ex looks like Prince Charming. What bothers me almost as much as the immature rant itself is the fact that he's attempted to justify it afterward in the media. Instead of showing remorse and accepting responsibility for being an ass, he's trying to put the blame on his situation. Many of us go through messy splits (myself included), but we don't bully our children in the process. It's already difficult on them and it's a time that, as parents, we need to come through for them with extra love and support, not call them pigs. Despite trying to point fingers everywhere else but on himself, he's responsible for his actions and how he responds to anger/frustration. He clearly failed. Although I have empathy for anyone battling it out with an ex, this behavior is NEVER acceptable. Even in the worst situations where it gets ugly and one parent uses the kids in an attempt to control/manipulate things, the kids should never be made to suffer for it. Adults need to behave appropriately during times of crisis and there is no excuse for what happened here. "Losing it" during stressful situations is understandable, directing it at children is not. EVER. I would've felt better about this man if he'd simply said he'd made a big mistake and issued an apology to his daughter. What do you think?

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

and, after listening to it again, it's pretty intimidating how he keeps saying things like "when I come out there", etc.

Very abusive - both the tone he uses and the message he sends. Regardless of what lead up to it.

(can you tell I feel very strongly about this? I do)

2:20 PM  
Blogger 668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

you know, why can't people just come out and apologize? it's bad enough behaviour on it's own, but at least be a man and accept responsibility.

that said, i think the pair of them have both acted horribly about the situation (not just the call). i feel bad for the child.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

haven't they been selfish and immature? I mean noone's perfect and we all have our moments. But these two are giving ugly a new name. I can only imagine what goes on behind the scenes.

Poor frickin' kids.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I read about this, I don't think I can listen to it though, makes me a little ill. Poor children is right.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home