Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's kind of depressing when you find out who your true friends are and discover that some who you'd put in that category actually would leave you in the dust. When you weed through, sometimes it's revealed that the ones who you thought had your back really don't give a flying fuck. Who knew? (screw 'em)

Long story.

I'm not doing great...this time of year is killer for me (I miss my Mom more than words can say) and I'm also experiencing a lot of shit in this hellhole condo that I am SERIOUSLY considering blowing up soon. Backed up drains, fucked toilets (at 2 am) and I'm not in the mood. This is what I've done to my drain over the past 48 hours:

1) Coat hangered
2) Drano'd (both the "industrial strength" gel and the old school crystals. I should snort them).
3) Coat hangered again
4) Baking soda'd & vinegar'd
5) Baking soda'd & red wine vinegar'd
6) Baking soda'd & balsamic vinegar'd
Salad anyone?
7) Chanted and prayed around it
8) Sworn at it (alot...I have "FUCK" perfected to a groan that just barely comes out as a word...."fu-Ughckkkkk").

Detroit better win or some heads are gonna roll.....

(I'm having some wine, so my mood should drastically improve before I get back from the laundromat. Either that or the place will fucking blow)

7 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Deb- hang in there! It's all fodder for your forth-coming best-seller! ;-)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ah, Whitenoise...I knew you'd make it all better. ;)

Comin' over to see how the trip went.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hey Deb, sorry to hear things aren't going so well at the moment. Hope this week brings a fresh start!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I hope you used the toilet at the laundromat.

But seriously, that sucks. I'm doing the drainage dance for you.

7:51 PM  
Blogger junky said...

I think I just had this come up a couple of weeks ago my pop always said " the older you get, the less friends you have, or need".

What kind of drain? tub or sink I maybe able to email you through it, and save you a plumber bill.

And I've always got your back especially if your rooting for the "winged wheel".

11:39 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

thanks Al...when I see your friendly name, I always automatically feel better.

Barb...I might move in to the laundromat...it just makes sense. I did have to fight for a dryer and I was in a ready to rumble mood (again). So, obviously, I won.

junky...I always feel better knowing you've got my back (via email, of course). It is comforting. Imagine that yesterday - Gordie Howe's 80th bday, everything started going right. I cleared the plug myself and did a victory dance around it. It's actually the ex who's being a fuck right now and he's as supportive as a training bra on Pamela. Although he wants half this place, he doesn't want half the responsibility or problems. He did lend me a wrench though (I'm not giving it back). ;)

1:44 AM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

baking soda plus citric acid is far stronger than vinegar. or use a bottle of lemon juice: also far stronger, should get far more of a fizz up and of course it's the fizz that shifts...

you CAN get sulphuric acid 95% in this country (purple stuff) I think my lanlord used it on our drains. NOT the kind of stuff I felt at all comfortable with, even empty in our bin. still with a dreg of purple liquid in there... urgh. now THAT plus baking soda would go MENTAL!!!

anyway you DID get the drain done properly in the end, yeah? that's what I think you were saying above but I was more thinking about the other stuff you said

take care Debs {{{hugs}}}

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home