Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh Hai


I thank you, my dear friends, for helping me through "my moment". It truly means a lot that you crazies die hards have hung in there even though my blog is sometimes as much fun as vacuuming stairs. You're troopers and I'm happy to report that the meds have kicked in.

Anyhow, shortly after I posted, my internet died and I'd been without it ever since. Two days. Two. Whole. Days. I don't know about you, but when the internet dies here it takes a little piece of me with it. Namely, my sanity.

Ty and I were hilarious last night...we moped around like our dog was missing. TV offered nothing in the way of consoling us with anything entertaining. The choice - Priscilla Press Face Presley dancing like a buffalo or Paula's love fest over at Idol. You know TV's bad when I think about cleaning the toilet.

One thing I did have fun playing around with was IMovie. Although I couldn't access anything on the internet and I was limited to using music and my pictures, I came up with a funny little video to the Beastie Boys "Brass Monkey". The kids did get awfully tired of hearing me sing it over & over mind you (it's catchy).

So in other news I've decided that I'm 92 instead of 40 something and my new pastime is BINGO. Hell yeah...Ty and I have gone 3 times now. Last Thursday I won $800 (half a $1575 jackpot) and all the other old biddies were fit to be tied because a rookie (me) wasn't supposed to just waltz in and win the progressive pot. They hated on me all night after that and I seriously thought they might mug me in the parking lot - they were that pissed. They grumbled as they passed my chair and it didn't help my case that I didn't have a clue what I was doing either. At one point during the game Ty leaned over and said "Mom, what'r ya doing?....you're missing all the numbers". I was sick and in lala land and apparently staring at the wall just wasn't getting the job done. I'd missed about 4 numbers in a row (imagine that), so I then had to frantically try and catch up - when I did I saw that I only needed two more numbers. There were two numbers left to be called before the big, progressive pot turned into a hundred bucker so I really didn't think I'd do it. So, needless to say, it was pretty damn exciting when I did. Bingo has just moved from the lame category into my new love. I'm pro and those other seniors are just trying too damn hard. I didn't even care and I won so I think I should give them lessons on "chill out". Apparently the jackpot had been building since 1937 and the Grandmas all had plans for it (Depends and teabags) so it was a very unpopular win. Is it disrespectful to say "bite me" to 4 foot ladies with white hair and no hearing? I think not.

Anyhow, the other news around here is the firing of our GM - Dave Nonis. I don't think they gave him a fair shake and am quite disappointed about the deal, as I think, despite our crap season, that he had some good ideas and was no pushover. I actually got the inside scoop and knew about his firing before it broke on the news. An old friend dropped by to see me at work and he told me before noon....turns out another friend's sister has married Aquilini. I told friend A to tell friend B that I need to pass along some advice. They need my help.

So hope you're all o.k. I'm in much better spirits...things seem to be turning around a bit and I feel more positive than I have in years. I might even spring clean. Don't quote me on that though.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

$800 bucks? woo-hoo! Hope you're taking us all out for lunch! ;-)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

B62? N34?

Ha. You're funny and lucky. I tried it once during a local, little, summer festival when it was raining too hard to stand outside.

I must have pumped 20 - 30 bucks into the game. Never came close. I hate it. (There were little old ladies running 4 or 5 cards all at once - they were good. I could see why a regular could get pissed with a rookie. Ha.)

You sound much better...

1:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Hahahaha way to get the blue-haired mafia out after you! That is just so awesome, but you'd better spend it all pretty fast before they come looking for their money.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Phaedra said...

glad to hear you are in better spirits these days Deb :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger junky said...

Weird I had brass monkey in my head all day today...
That was a great eloquent post about your mom, it's almost a year since my pop left I probably will be too drunk to be that beautiful in my posrl

9:44 PM  
Blogger Toccata said...

$800, not bad! Hope you get to spend it on something fun and frivilous and not something essential and boring.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

whitenoise...yep, but the place I wanna go to you can only get to by air. ;)

busterp...I am feeling much better. And the extra few bucks didn't hurt either.

barb..."blue haired mafia"...you nailed it. That's exactly what they're like. Scary broads, I'm tellin' ya.

thanks phaendra...glad you popped by. ;)

junky...that must mean we're soul sisters or something. Weird...of all the songs to both be thinking of....

Hang in there re the one year. It sucks pretty bad and I'll be thinking 'boutcha.

11:14 PM  
Blogger jim dandy said...

You go girl!
You funky monkey!
And Bingo was her Name-o!
A fun read. (Toilets and Stairs really hit's home.)
Happy 420

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home