Sunday, January 25, 2009

I have company this week.

Chuck is here and I'm dogsitting all week as the ex had a business trip. I love this dog - he's beautiful, but I will never get another of my own...too much work. I just don't have the available time to commit a dozen or more years to an animal (although, with the job hunting going nowhere, maybe I do?). I do miss having a pet around though and Chuck is great company...I'm looking forward to this.

K forgot to leave his leash so yesterday I dug out an old purse strap that had a clip on the end. I dropped it on the floor to go do something and the next thing I knew I turned around to see Chuck standing behind me, purse strap in his mouth! He then dropped it at my feet and went to grab his ball, which he plunked down beside the "leash". How smart is this guy? (smarter than the ex, that's how smart. He wouldn't even wear his leash). I'm quite convinced that if I continue to ignore Chuck's "hints" for a walk, I'll be getting an email from him.

Anyhow, it's a gorgeous day out here so after my blueberry banana muffins are done, we're hitting the beach for some fun. (Chuck just dropped his leash at my feet again and how am I supposed to say no to THIS face?! Yeah, I know....impossible.)

Have a great day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Whitenoise said...

Rats... feelin' guilty that my own pooch is not getting walked every day. Too friggin' cold.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i take mine out twice a day...its good for the soul

8:40 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

whitenoise...it was one of the very few days that we've had where it was actually nice enough to do this...usually a quick open of the door out back has to suffice.

kelly...you are absolutely right. That's exactly what this outing was. (Good to see you)

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home