Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I have three words for today.......



























Fuck this shit.




To who ever decided it would be a good idea to turn the snow back on - kiss my frozen ass. Seriously, enough already.

After spending two days at the beach in glorious sun, this snowfall today is about as welcome as a bad case of leprosy. It's ruining my flow here.

I had a dental appointment (like that's not bad enough on its own) but, after sliding Linds to school this morning, decided the car was staying put and I'd find another way to get there. I called a cab and, quite honestly, it was the best ten bucks I've spent all week.

On my walk home (yes, I was too cheap to cab both ways), I passed FOUR accidents. Understand here, it's only a couple of miles from the dentist to my place. One cute Asian couple had obviously tried to do a corner too fast and their car was planted in the middle of a huge shrub...only the ass end was visible. Nice, what do you do for an encore - jump into empty pools? The next one was at the firehall - I guess if you're gonna crash, that's a pretty good spot. Then a red van was wrapped around a pole - that one looked bad. And a guy was on the sidewalk, which isn't a great path to take either. So I chuckled to myself at my brilliant decision to not drive, then headed into 7-11 to grab a coffee for the remainder of my walk. I wondered why the store clerk (who knows me from the booth) shot me a funny glance...that was until I passed the mirrored donut display and saw my mascara streaming down my cheek. Awesome. My hair was covered in snow...there (honestly) was a snowball hanging from my bangs. What a vision that was. So I grabbed a napkin, some of the snow from my hair and washed the mascara off my face right there in the middle of 7-11. But mostly I just made a big smear of my entire face..."oh hai, does anyone want to date me? I'm available."

I then headed home, only to realize when I got here that I'd left my keys inside and was locked out.

So it's going to be one of those days, is it?

Fuck this shit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm assuming you eventually got into the house. Either that or you headed back to 7-11 and have strong-armed them into letting you use their computer.

I am so sick of this winter!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you actually got more snow? we were threatened with more but sadly...none...hee hee

12:14 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Yikes. Yes, nasty winter. Very tired of the constant -24C mornings...

12:21 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

We've had shyte-for-brains snow here too: WORST snowfall in TWENTY YEARS and man! You would not believe how 4" (the papers say it's 8") will bring the entire town to a standstill... I mean I nearly missed my medication dose because the chemist had such trouble making it in etc etc man it was RIDICULOUS

Debs are you OK??

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home