Wednesday, February 04, 2009


I had what I feel was a fairly successful job interview today, although I guess there's no way of knowing if it was successful until you actually get the job. It was at a sports physio clinic and the interview was conducted by the actual physiotherapist himself (like who else was I expecting?). He was a really nice guy - the atmosphere was extremely laid back and I could really see myself fitting in well there. The position is a front desk one, but it also includes some other stuff as well and I'd even be trained on some of the equipment. It sounded absolutely perfect so I've got my fingers crossed - although I'm not getting my hopes up too high because I know with the economic climate the way it is, 8,000,000 people are probably being interviewed. I don't think the young girl before me did too well...they were wrapping things up as they walked out and Mr. Physio was fairly apologetic in explaining that she might be a bit too young and they were looking for someone a bit more mature ("ahem, right heeeeere, woooohoooo"). He questioned her flexibility in scheduling and wondered if she'd be able to work around the hours (the clinic's open from 8-7, including Saturdays). I was quite surprised to see that she was wearing blue jeans...have the times changed that much? I'd never imagine wearing blue jeans to an interview for a front office position - I'd actually considered buying something new to wear as my wardrobes getting a little thin lately. But I threw together a fairly nice outfit and felt good when I saw the competition. ;)

Anyhow, there are two other receptionists in the clinic and one of them sat in on the interview...I feel like I connected with both she and Mr. Physio. It was very relaxed and the conversation was "easy"...we even joked a bit. I don't get too frazzled over interviews anymore - I've been fortunate and have had success in the past in getting pretty much every single job I've ever applied for. I was pretty confident and surprised at the lack of butterflies. I guess at this point in the game, what you see is what you get and I don't really feel like I have to impress anyone. Sometimes I feel like I'm conducting the interview....."so, why'd the last girl leave?" (I actually asked that). Anyhow, I've told myself not to get too excited over interviews because it'll just set me up for disappointment - I go in thinking "meh, whatever". I don't like rejection and haven't had to deal with it too much - could be a shock to the system. I see how Ty's been trying to get a job and aces interviews that go nowhere. It makes me more empathetic towards his situation.

But I really can see myself working in this place, so I'd appreciate you all doing a little drunken lion good luck dance for me (see demonstration below). Much appreciated.
(Sorry, lame...it won't let me link you there. Good ol' copy/paste time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3SbgiK1Th0

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

My fingers and toes are crossed for you Deb. And when I get up, I'll do a little dance. :)

6:30 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks Al....your support means the world to me. I'm happy someone's hanging in here.

Apologies for my lack of blog visits lately...my next post will explain part of why that is (along with the job hunting thing).

I'll be around later today to check in on how you're doing.

;)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I have a feeling this is the job, Deb. You sound so confident and right for it.

Sacrificing a job goat right now!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Good luck, Deb. Hope it works out for you.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home