Thursday, February 05, 2009


We're having bigtime water issues here again. Not just me - the entire complex...two units have completely flooded out in the past week. "Asbestos?" "Main line in". "$100,000 to replace" blah, blah, blah.

Anyhow, this place is a joke. I've explained our entire council situation before...it's improving and there are my two friends now on board who gets things done. They take things seriously and don't lolllygag around like the other old farts (who are hard to drag out of their recliners unless they have an issue).

So in growing tired with the management company (who, as I've documented in previous posts, I like about as much as a flaming case of indigestion), I've bypassed the strata and sent an email off yesterday. I've also contacted the city (who are currently working on a huge watermain replacement in our neighborhood...I'm also suspicious that this may tie into our current problems). I've yet to receive a response from our management company, so you can imagine what my next email will be like (something that involves a lot of #@%$*@&*!'s).

What do you think?...if you were getting paid a gazillion dollars a month to manage property, would you not respond to this?:

Dear (Fuckhead):

As a concerned resident of (*insert address here*..."Shitsville" works for me) I am wondering when we can expect results from the pending water tests to our complex. As you are aware (as indicated in your email to Associate Fucktard #2 of Jan. 30/09), the water is yet to be deemed "safe" for consumption and we are currently purchasing drinking water for our families. According to your email, we cannot drink the water until it has been "tested for asbestos" which, understandably, is extremely alarming to those of us with children (most units).

Many of us have decided that the water is currently also unfit to bathe/brush our teeth in, as your report citing a status of "questionable - may contain asbetos and/or bacteria" suggests there could be serious health implications if we do. Would you put YOUR child under a shower knowing what we know (which is currently very little)?

This is creating frustration and concern amongst the residents here and we need an immediate response to this issue - we've been waiting for this testing to be done for several days over a week now. It's completely unacceptable to keep us in the dark and it's creating a lot of unnecessary anxiety for families, who feel you've dropped the ball here. I, personally, have fielded calls with regards to this matter (as a longtime resident whom people trust in). The only problem is, I don't have any answers - only questions, which has prompted this email. It's your job to answer them for us.

Please consider this an urgent matter and notify all residents immediately upon receipt of the test results. We need to put this matter to rest and there simply is no excuse for any further delay here.

Regards,
Me
Erin Brockovich.


As usual, it's been filed under the "woops, spilled coffee and donut crumbs on this one" pile.

I am SO sick of this BS and this has been consuming a lot of my time lately - the contractors that we've hired from our end (who are extremely nice/helpful) actually are becoming "friends". When I walked up yesterday to see what was happening (yet another leak/flood), "Bob" said "hey Deb, I'm back. What's for lunch today?". As much as I like these guys, I'll be happy when they're gone...each time I see them out there my heart sinks at the "what now?" prospect. They're trying to be helpful but I think, at this point, they should build us an ark.

Time for Deb to spring into action....where the hell's my Ninja costume?

I'll keep you posted....

EDIT: Update....the city's response was impressive/immediate. Within an hour of emailing them, I got a call back from a worker attending a conference who was on a break. Now THAT'S service.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gledwood said...

forgive my naivete but isn't it down to the water company to ensure a proper supply gets piped through?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

gleds...when you live in a strata complex here the city supplies the water up to the property line and then the rest is up to us...private property=our responsibility. But my concern is that the work that they're currently doing that borders our property is creating problems for us (I'm convinced it is). So even though it's our deal, I'm trying to connect the dots.

Barb. Ugh. Being off work I needed a focus, but I was kind of hoping for something a little better than stressville. They still haven't responded to my email and I've just consulted with my neighbor who's on council who gave me the all clear to "go get 'em".

10:35 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Wow, must be frustrating. Good on you for taking the bull by the horns.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home