Wednesday, February 11, 2009

YEA! Fifteen days later and we just got the ok on the water - no asbestos or creepy crawlies to be found! You have no idea how much you miss clean water until you have to live without it for awhile. I sympathize with those dealing with this on an ongoing basis in other countries - it's rough. We've been showering all over town and using bottled water for washing/brushing teeth (at least we have that option). Man, it feels like Christmas around here tonight as we're all giddy over showering at home.

One thing I am less than giddy about is paying for air. Yes, AIR. When I pulled into the gas station tonight to fill the tires I learned that they'd installed a coin operated air compressor - a loonie to fill a tire! So a big F U to you Petro Can...I should charge you to operate on my street. I was actually so pissed off that I left without getting gas...I begrudged giving them any of my money after that slap in the face. So now I'm driving around on under inflated tires with an empty tank. And I need antifreeze. I'm on a roll....the other day I drove around with the E brake on. A winner fo'sho.


I was so tired today when I got home that I actually tried to use the car key remote to open the door to my house - I stood there pointing it at it. What a clown - glad the neighbors didn't catch it.

"Oh hey, whatcha doin'?

"Not much. Just bein' a complete tool (again)."


Silly fool - although I do think it would be a nifty idea. I hate coming home with an armload of groceries only to have to put them all down to let myself in. I think I may be onto something here.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't they ave remotes for houses?

11:04 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

LOL....probably do. Not in my world though.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

$1 is a bit much, its 50ยข here and I thought that was enough.

Guess nothing is free anymore. ;)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

The Esso in our neighbourhood started charging for air as well. So you can extend your disdain to other companies if you want.

Yay for showering at home!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Whitenoise said...

Good news on the water. But, still wondering what happened to that grouchy old guy who stole the parking spot... (Hopin' somebody took a round out of him...)

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home