Thursday, June 03, 2010

Few & Far Between


New and improved Deb is here.

I am loving my new job (although, after 8 months, I guess it's no longer classified as "new"). The time flies by and I really look forward to going to work. It is stressful, don't get me wrong - my coworker equates it to the stock market trading floor. But I thrive on that - on organized chaos...it's where I live.

After having been in a rather suffocating, one sided marriage that really didn't focus on me much, I'm finally coming into my own (again). I have a purpose beyond being a Mom (which will always be my number one priority)...I love that I feel challenged each and every day.

I was promoted to office manager today and got my third raise. In a nutshell, it feels damn good to be appreciated, respected and feel worthy of all of that.

Not everything is rosey - Dad was sued and owes a very large award to ICBC. Initially, it crushed us - nearly took us both down as we were devastated by the news that we thought couldn't possibly ever come true. How could it? The guy was a fraud and I'd taken enough pictures and gathered plenty of evidence to support that. But he had one thing we didn't - high priced lawyer friends. 'Nuff said.

In the end, we both concluded that we shouldn't let this consume us...that, if we did, he really had "won". It's money...we can survive (and will). Move on.

The ex is a dick. But we already knew that. It just needed to be reiterated because, apparently, this week is be a total dick week.

All in all, Deb is happy. And she hopes you are too. :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gledwood said...

HI DEBS!!

Thanks for your message at mine I somehow got severely waylaid in the passage of time. I think the passage of time is constipated in my case. Except when I want to sleep, in which case hours and hours diarrhoea past with fart-like dreams... Ooer.

I'm v glad the job is going well. There was a time when I was dead worried for you. I didn't know what you were doing. The old job had gone. Then you said you were working with a bitch...

Well I'm glad you've come out back where you belong ~ right on top
;->...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

Where is everyone?

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They all left, gleds.

Most of "the girls" are on Facebook now...we meet there instead of the blogdom.

But you're here, so it's all good.

And Whitenoise has his blog set to invite only now :( Miss him.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous kelly the previously confused said...

ah this is Debbie that left comments! Debbie had me confused as opposed to Deb. Good to see you back and doing well!

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home